- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
10 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We were headed to Branson by way of Cape Girardeau. We went out of our way to go to this State Park after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. :)
It was a drizzly humid Friday and we made our first stop at the welcome center and found out that Missouri doesn't have entrance fees for their state parks. Yeah!
The two Covid masked employees were very helpful and provided good directions to the Overlook of the Mississippi River....which was worth the trip. We stopped and had lunch overlooking a lake. We didn't see any other visitors. It was worth the side trip.Written June 26, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Quiet little place to tour, and have some individual prayer time. This is a nice location for a family reunion, or a wedding. Well maintained buildings and grounds.Written January 9, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Friends got together to enjoy the Christmas train ride with the little ones. They had a Santa onboard. It was a fun time for all!Written December 22, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This old mansion is a delightful place to tour, especially during the holidays. The folks that give the tour are very good at their job.Written November 17, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The store is small and filled to the brim with a wonderful array of clothes, jewelry & home decor!! I could have spent hours in there. Loved, loved that store!!Written October 3, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was our 2nd our visit to Steele Crest Winery, previous visit was July 2018. Easily located, just a few minutes off of highway 55 Jackson, MO exit. However, our GPS wanted us to turn onto Phoenix Trail about 50 yards from the actual entrance so skip that, their entrance is right on Highway Y (look for the flags). Lots of parking available. Our experiences both times were about the same....some good, some so-so. The Good? Beautiful large property and well maintained, lovely building with cathedral ceiling, lots of handmade tables with antique Singer sewing machine peddle bottoms, a wide covered porch and an uncovered patio area as well. Relaxing views of very large lawn and woods and a lake and a covered pavilion for the band. Tasty menu that includes wood fired pizzas from their very own outside brick oven. Wines - most very good (white & red - both dry and sweet), and tastings are free but they were out of 5 wines! They've added a few of their own beers to their menu (free tastings also). Now the So-So. This place can get crazy busy on the weekends and the inside tables are crammed in so carrying on a conversation inside can be close to impossible when full and just as impossible walk around. The small wine tasting bar - a generic 4' long and way too high 4' high bar, the type you find at a hotel catered event, not handmade like his other items in the winery. Uh? Because of the small size they can only pour tastings for 2-3 people at a time. And due to the placement of the bar, the wine tasting line backs up and there is no where to go except up against nearby patron's tables in their personal space and back out the front door. Service - not so good. We arrived 1 hour before closing on a Sat and there were just a handful of people still there. But we had to wait 10 min before anyone came over to the wine tasting bar. The 2 people behind the order/pick up/pay counter totally ignored us, choosing to serve patrons who just arrived instead. Maybe they aren't permitted to serve tastings or leave their posts? Same as last time, we noticed the owner wandering around inside the attached, under construction brewery/sports bar. FINALLY the owner found his way over to the tasting bar with no apology for us having to wait. He was very pleasant but he got his wines confused pouring us the same tasting twice blaming it on someone not putting the bottles back in the correct position. He figured it out and poured us what we asked for. We asked but he didn't know the residual sugar of his wines. He doesn't know his own wine and labels?! When we asked him about the new construction and when it would open, he said he has no clue; everything inside, including the furniture will be hand made, so no schedule. I remember it was under construction last July and it's now 10 months later and it didn't look that much more completed. I then remembered the owner told us on our first visit that his winery is his "hobby". The style of the outside seating isn't a big deal except for the fact the owner makes it point to say all his furniture is handmade. The chairs are the ugliest I've ever seen! Cheap, hotel banquet type chairs that have purple padded seats and the backs are swirls of turquoise and purple. They are comfortable but don't match the wooden rustic décor whatsoever. And our one chair was covered with ants. Their menu reads - $5 for a pitcher of water with free refills..really a charge for water?? But more than once a friendly server stopped by and poured us water at no charge so what's with the pitcher charge? Have things change? Is the menu out of date? It was a hot, breezy day but we couldn't experience the breeze because for some reason only some of the winter plastic that wrapped around the deck had been removed leaving the remaining plastic blocking the breeze, it was not attractive and it blocked one exit from the deck to the parking lot. Our server said, they just hadn't had the time to remove it yet. Huh? It's the end of May! Overall this was a nice experience at a very nice venue. But our visit could have been much improved if only the owner treated his winery more like a real business and focused on the small things that matter vs. an expensive hobby with a lackadaisical attitude.Written June 1, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Boyfriend and I stopped by this conservation grounds during our road trip after a local recommended it. It was absolutely beautiful. The wildlife were present and the gift shop and education area even had binoculars for guests to use to find the critters easier. We absolutely loved it, trails and all even if it was rather warm during our visit but it was wonderful.Written October 9, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Always mowed and in great shape. Plenty of picnic tables and Pavilions and equipment for kids to play. Lots of Ball diamonds.Written June 18, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I attended the 70th National Square Dance Convention which was held in this convention center. Since we were just coming out of the Covid-19 lock-down the number of attendees were about half of what I would have otherwise expected.
On the main floor they had two very large exhibit halls, which, even after cutting the size down to allow for vendors & meals, were quite good for dancing even though they had polished cement floors. There were also 3 very large ballrooms in which wood floors had been installed. The second and third floors had a couple of dozen meeting rooms, several of which were combined to provide additional dance space.
My only criticism was their "theater" which hardly merited the name beyond having semi-stadium seating.
All in all it was a very enjoyable venueWritten July 10, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jackson
- The best outdoor activities in Jackson according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Jackson on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Jackson with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Jackson on Tripadvisor