- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
30 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We stopped at Schells Brewery on our way up north this summer. We had a sunny afternoon and walked the gardens and then into the beer garden.Written August 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fun stop while in the New Ulm area. We drove up the hill, walked around, took some photos, and read the informational plaques and learned some things. It was worth a stop.Written July 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It only chimes 3 times a day so we missed out. Right downtown so you can't miss it. Nice to look at but after a few minutes you're ready to move on.Written June 3, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice small home with lots of architectural touches made by the father. It was fun to see her childhood home.Written June 12, 2023
- Very neat and informative museum! This museum had a lot of information about the Dakota Indian war. We were visiting New Ulm to find out more about the first Germans who came to this area. They did have a small section about this. Overall it was a neat place to visit. No complaints! Would definitely return!Written July 23, 2021
- Small space full of artistic exhibits. We were surprised by how much we learned. Lots of polka artists. They provide audio guides. Depending on your interest level you can quickly visit or do a deep dive. Fun.Written September 3, 2022
- Enjoyed the campground! Not as private as some other state parks but quiet. We have a 25 foot camper and had plenty of room to maneuver. Clean bathrooms/showers. Short walk (.3 miles) to an amazing swim beach area. We will be returning for sure!
Decent cell signal also!Written June 13, 2023
- We came during the middle of the week. Not to many other people there at the time. A tasting consists of 4 wines. I tried all reds, I enjoyed 3 of the 4 .
They have a nice area to sit outside, it was a little chilly when we were there so sat inside looking out over the vineyard.Written May 26, 2019
- Enjoyed the history in this little store. The store was a little dark. The story behind the store was also interesting.Written August 21, 2019
- 5 minute drive from downtown, lovely views toward town & Minnesota River Valley; has a nice barrier free, handicapped accessible playgroundWritten November 15, 2020
- We came to sample the sour beers. Had a flight of all 8, which were excellent. My favorite was the Binary Storm (boysenberry). The tap room is beautiful, dark with candles. Easy to find. Lots of parking. Very plain on the outside.Written September 3, 2022
- great history on New Ulm has been renovated nicely nice how stories are told it is well worth seeing they have a small feeWritten February 24, 2016
- Wonderful drinks and a great atmosphere! The staff were friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend checking out this new distillery!Written March 25, 2023
- One doesn't often hear about German-Bohemians, so when I saw New Ulm had a monument to "my people," I had to stop. The monument is well-maintained and easy to find. The signs explain the history, and many local names are listed. It's an interesting bit of local history, and I'm glad we stopped.Written June 30, 2017
- Another one of New Ulm’s small, clean and safe city parks. This one has a nice outdoor kiddie pool for a hot summer day!
Had fun sitting here watching nuns play volleyball with the neighborhood kids!Written July 21, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about New Ulm
- The best outdoor activities in New Ulm according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in New Ulm on Tripadvisor
New Ulm Attractions Information