State Parks • Hiking Trails
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We started out from the trailhead with the intention of doing the lower loop trail, but the trail was closed for repairs, so we hiked to The Cascades, then followed the trail down the east side of the river to Lake Superior, and then walked along Highway 61 to the west side of the Cascade River before rejoining the trail and got a good perspective of the river from both sides before crossing the bridge and rejoining the trail back to the trailhead. It was very picturesque and beautiful. I would actually recommend this over the lower loop trail.Written August 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I think COVID has changed things a bit as it was difficult to get a lesson time and individual lessons were limited to an hour. They will let you wait indoor at the chalet where you have a good view of most of the beginner lesson hills. The parking here on the mountain is atrocious but if you are fine walking quite a ways will find something.Written April 1, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This golf course is not only georgous with views to die for, it is playable and tons of fun. Expensive but worth it.Written September 9, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just so readers are clear, Lutsen Recreation is a place for rentals, located on Ski Hill Road on the way to Lutsen. You can't purchase lift tickets here (so the individual who thought they were reviewing the customer experience at the skill hill posted an inaccurate review)...this is a retail location to rent skis and snowboards, and purchase some really great gear as well.
The staff is helpful, friendly, laid back and no-pressure. We have rented here for years and wouldn't think of going any place else.Written March 25, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lutsen
- These places are best for outdoor activities in Lutsen:See more outdoor activities in Lutsen on Tripadvisor