- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
63 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 63
What travelers are saying
- We love visiting lighthouses. The walk to the lighthouse was nice. We sat
on the pier enjoying the peacefulness. Later we watched the sunset over the lake and lighthouse. It was absolutely beautiful!Written July 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Many years ago we pedaled the entire Kal-Haven trail from South Haven to Kalamazoo. We did not try that again, but used the Kal-Haven as an extension of our ride on the Van Buren State Park Trail. Kal-Haven is crushed limestone, so not as smooth as trails that are blacktopped. But the signage for the trail is exceptional and takes you through the downtown of South Haven. Trail seems to be well maintained.Written July 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There were multiple beaches to choose from in the South Haven area, but my boyfriend and I enjoyed North Beach the most. There is a concessions stand with plenty of food to choose from, as well as bathrooms. There is a play area for kids and tons of space. There is paid parking right on the beach, but if you pay to park at one beach, then it works at the other beaches in the area. We just parked in the neighborhood right by the beach and walked over. The water and sand were both very clean.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did the day sail on the Friends Good Will, and it was amazing! Kids (7&12) loved it, but the adults were equally as entertained. It was 90 minutes and we got to watch the crew put up/take down the sails, which was very interesting and fun to watch. The ship itself is a replica of an old cargo ship, and you get to hear about its history before boarding. The crew was fun and very interactive. The captain showed the kids how he drives the ship and let them steer for a bit. We also got to check out the area below the deck. This was by far a highlight of our vacation. We would love to come back!Written June 5, 2022
- As we pulled up, I said to my wife, this is someone's house, not a winery. Ah, but what a wonderful visit we had. Betty greeted us with a big smile and was so helpful. We sat outside and tried all our wines with some recommended chocolates. There were some big flavors from this little winery and we ended up with 1/2 a case. The entire visit was relaxing and exceeded expectations.Written October 22, 2021
- Fantastic camping experience. The staff and camp hosts were wonderful. Bathroom facilities were very adequate and clean. Our only complaint is that they have not dealt with the invasive gypsy moths (currently caterpillars). I hope we didn't drag them back to our state to cause further spread!Written July 7, 2021
- We stumbled on this gem while walking through town on a cool fall weekend. We ate a picnic lunch and played on the playground. Such a unique play structure!! And a super short walk out to the overlook on Lake Michigan or into town.Written October 20, 2020
- Excellent blueberry picking! A fun family time. The shop sells lots of blueberry bakery items, jams, etc. Staff is very friendly.Written August 1, 2022
- We stopped for a tasting our teenage son. We each sampled ciders and beer, but skipped the fruit wine. We really liked the ciders and bought some of the semi dry and some of the pear.
They had non-alcoholic cider as an option so our son could join the tasting.
The team there was welcoming and friendly and very helpful when we were selecting our purchases.
COVID specific comments: They had the flow very well set up to minimize contact and to encourage social distancing while inside. Plus they had some tables on the deck and lawn for larger groups.Written November 1, 2020
- This is a great trail to run, walk and bike. It will take you from the state park to downtown South Haven. Well maintained and traveled.Written April 15, 2022
- We were in South Haven for the tractor swap meet. The flea market has alot of veriety, with deals to be had. The museum is small but has interesting items to see. I wouldn't go for just the museum. It's worth going if the swap meet is going on in June, or during the Tractor Show in September.Written June 30, 2013
- We had a lot of fun in the orchards picking fruit. The trees were loaded with peaches and plums, one type of apple was available (first of the season), and it was the last weekend for blueberries. We had a wagon ride out and back to the peach tree orchard and were able to walk to the other orchard areas, The trees were beautiful. The staff is very helpful in giving instructions and answering questions. The u pick fruit was very reasonable! We were a group of adults, but children would have a blast. There is a petty zoo and a store where they sell picked fruit, cider, homemade donuts. I will go out of my way to go again.Written August 23, 2021
- The wines were nice and the server was very friendly. However, he wasn't wearing a mask. For the most part he wasn't near us but a few times he was right in our face and it was unsettling.Written April 9, 2021
- Stopping in the South Haven Visitors Bureau was one of the best things we did. They provided us with lots of information on things that were open and must dos. We also enjoyed Ava's beautiful purring! She sure does love attention.Written April 2, 2022
- Not value priced but we found our MOST FAVORITE wine of this trip here Chocolate Cherry dessert wine. DAMN GOOD. Once we got home we determine it tastes best drizzled over Vanilla ice cream.Written July 19, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about South Haven