Nature & Wildlife Areas • Gardens
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
21 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Enjoyed our self-guided tour and lunch at this local garden. Make time for a visit if you are near Niles.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to Lehman's Orchard to check on their blueberries. They are getting a late start and didn't have any. Always a good selection of jams, jellies, honeys and hard ciders to buy. Great place to visit.Written July 31, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful park that is well
Kept up. The disc golf course offers 18 challenging holes! Great for friends family or even aloneWritten October 28, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well organized, worth the drive and price!
Even the food and fountain pop was good!
Tips: Bring cash(if you plan to buy food and drinks) and follow their instructions by going in the order your tickets are printed. We made reservations for 7:30(for everything except for hooded and the escape rooms), we did not get done until 10:30.Written October 18, 2020
- This is a wonderful museum that not only looks at Niles, but this entire area. The staff has recently upgraded many of the exhibits and have made it easy to navigate. If you make it to the museum, do ask about touring the Chapin Mansion next door.Written June 26, 2019
- Reviewing a theater located in an old warehouse is interesting. 5-stars would suggest 'excellence', which may be a bit of an overstatement, but when a first-run flick is at Wonderland as well as either spot in South Bend (an extra 10 min drive), we ALWAYS choose Wonderland. Not just because prices are ridiculously low, as many have commented here, but because there is something inherently local and funky about it. Sure, the floors are sticky at times and the seat selection step seems a little 'regal' for this place, but it feels like snagging an invite to a bootleg screening in someones drafty pole barn. Which if you are super into comfy recliner seats and overpriced snacks, this probably isn't your vibe. If you dig cheap tickets, perfect popcorn and a local insider vibe, check it out! It's also right next to a pretty park in case you arrive a little too early and want to grab a swing at the edge of the river. You won't be disappointed.Written January 17, 2022
- I write this from perspective of a bicyclist, but the trail is attractive to walkers and hikers as well. The older part of the trail near downtown Niles is bumpy in places, but once you get to Fort Street, it is smooth sailing. The extension at State Line Road that takes you into Indiana is new and very nice.
The options available once you are into South Bend, Indiana are numerous and include pedaling into St. Mary's and Notre Dame's campuses, pedaling or walking/running along the St. Joseph River and passing through residential areas.
It is a well planned trail and can be enjoyed from various put-in points along the way. One of the most frequently used is at Bell Road. It should be noted that crossing major roads like Route 12 or Cleveland Road is made easier by the traffic signal available to the walker/runner/bicyclist.Written July 5, 2020
- Accessible off front street by Wonderland Cinema there is parking, a children's play structure, an amphitheater, boat dock/fishing pier, walking trails, a skate park, picnic shelters, picnic tables and grills. There are memorial bricks laid along paths to honor service members.
In the warmer months there are lots of people walking dogs, festivals and lots of ducks and geese. There are benches and porch swing type swings to sit on and enjoy the river. In the winter there is the Hunter Ice Festival
There is a boat ramp off Marmont Street.
Bond street offers history as well as picnic shelters, tables, grills, river accessability, ample parking, festivals, beautiful views of the dam and access to fishing.Written October 14, 2019
- This is a nice surprise to explore. Beautiful flowers and a wonderful place to sit and relax. They have a great tree swing for the kids and a beautiful barn for special events. Would be a great place for a wedding. Tried the Lavender LemonadeWritten July 17, 2019
- Great place to see endless treasures! Over 120 booths. This is an old Montgomery Wards building. Prices are reasonable.Written May 11, 2022
- Played 19 holes of mini golf for $6.50 a person. Some shots were a challenge but the point was to have fun without cellphones and we did for a few hours. Played arcade games for a bit and accumulated about 800 tickets from $20. There wasn't much of a selection in the prize section so the girls chose some Laffy Taffy and Pixy Stix. They have batting cages and go carts as well as a snack bar. Was well kept.Written July 19, 2018
- The variety is amazing--and the chocolates, even more amazing. Ordered a box full of treats--including the hot chocolate cones--to send as a thank you to a firm in the Chicago area. Everything arrived as promised and the recipients couldn't have been more excited. I just can't go downtown without making a stop there!Written October 29, 2021
- This facility is very nice, big, with lots of activities, exercise options and classes. However, I simply wanted a cardio workout on the elliptical machine. There were over 50 treadmill, climbers, ellipticals, etc. in a huge room with only 5 or 6 small televisions at the front of the room and the machines were not compatible with simple headphones nor could you control them from the machines. I couldn't even see them from the machines, so I just listened to music on my cell phone--which I can do for free jogging or riding my bike. The pool had classes both times I was there, so I never used the pool. The different areas for working out and stretching are nice, the free weights upstairs offered a quiet place. Not my cup of tea but obviously a very popular and busy place.Written September 13, 2017
- They have good food.. But read what comes with your meal. The waitresses work hard.. But service is always a little slow because it's busy.Written March 14, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Niles
- The best outdoor activities in Niles according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Fernwood Botanical Garden and Nature Preserve
- Madeline Bertrand County Park
- In-mi River Valley Trail
Niles Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 10:29 PM|