*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Excellent museum, discounted with mont st Michelle ticket. English audioguide. Free parking nearby suitable for a tall campervan.Written June 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- These gardens were close to where we were staying so we popped in a few times. In good weather the view of Mont St Michel is lovely, especially at sunsetWritten August 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Due to a car breakdown we were unexpectedly staying near Avranches for 2 weeks.
The lady in there was very helpful in advice about the town itself and places to visit in the area. Also some useful advice on restaurants.....Written June 21, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Despite its neo-gothic style this was a special visit because the church introduced us to what the town experienced during the liberation of Normandy in 1944. There was a painting of the church in flames from Allied bombs. And suddenly we were made aware that we had crossed into Normandy. The Nazi occupation and subsequent liberation are very much a part of this region whether or not you are looking for it.Written September 12, 2019
- Although architecturally it is neo-classical it is pleasing enough to visit. And that bell tower is something else. Can't miss from most places on center city.Written September 12, 2019
- Quite expensive but if you fancy something different and some great views of Mont St. Michel, then this is for youWritten January 1, 2013
- While at the local office of Tourism we discovered there was a special exhibit on the liberation in July 1944, 75 years ago. Entry was minimal. The exhibition was very well done. Most exhibits were in 3 languages. I also got a supplementary guide in English. Took me places I wasn't expecting since we didn't plan on doing WWII sites. A good introduction to Normandy which was all one battleground after all.Written September 12, 2019
- Albeit on a roundabout but unmissable and worth crossing to road to see up close. Interesting write up in English explaining the actions, casualties and sacrifice made to liberate the town and surrounding area, especially The Bocage.
The Sherman tank with hedge-busting attachment is well cared for and also has a detailed description.Written October 15, 2021
- I stopped at the Power salad camp site for one night in October 2022 with my three children. We paid 50 euros for the four of us, with our three tents. We found the reception was very cold. The girl who received us didn't tell us there were showers. The owner wasn't very nice either. Although the place is great and the view on the Mont St Michel is fantastic, the camp site is located right next to the A84 motorway. And the noise is just unbearable. Cars and lorries all night long, even with earplugs.Written October 31, 2022
- The staff here are outstanding.
With my pathetic langauge skills, the ladies were able to assist me as i required a taxi drive to diverse out of the way locations.
The lady who dealt with me had such patience, organising the taxis for me and making sure I had the timings right.
In addition, when I/ asked about travelling to Mont-St Michel, she helped me plan a route on public transport.
Thank you so much.Written August 29, 2022
- An Avranches lad who entered one of the armies during the French Revolution was elected to a command and rose through the ranks but was the die in his early 40s from wounds suffered at Austerlitz. We saw the statue of white stone or marble standing over an interesting Sunday mixed flea market when we came out of the tourist office.Written July 23, 2019
- Went to the swimming pool at Avranches and it was a pleasant surprise. Nice big pool for lengths, a fun pool for kids with jacuzzi jets and a lazy river part and then a paddling pool type for little ones. There is a curly slide that goes outside and comes back into its own pool as well. So plenty to play on for kids. At 4.30 Euros for adults and 3.40 Euros for children it was good value. Changing rooms and showers clean. Vending machines in entrance. Would recommend for a rainy day.Written April 16, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Avranches
Avranches Attractions Information