Top Attractions in Holland
What travelers are saying
- Clean & nice facility
Dressing room, bathrooms and easy beach access.
Lighthouse is pretty and fun to watch the boats heading to the marinaWritten August 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Summer isn't the prime time for Windmill Gardens, but there is still plenty to see and there are beautiful flowers through out the area. The windmill was open and you can walk to the top. It was a nice visit. Expect to spend about an hour.Written July 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach is located about 4 miles from Saugatuck and the nicest beach in the area. The setting is pristine with forests dunes. There are no concessions and only a primitive restroom. The .75 mile trail leading to the beach is sandy in parts beginning with a long incline and the descending toward the beach. The return hike is just the opposite. Lake Michigan was cold but the sun was strong. Very picturesque. We stayed about 3 hours. The hike to and from the beach could be difficult for small children.Written July 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very friendly and fun staff. Nice place for kids to learn about Dutch culture. Especially enjoyed the stroopwafels and authentic food at the cafe.Written July 21, 2022
- Fun fun fun! Kids had a blast on the dunes and in the lake. The tunnel was nice and the stairs to the beach had benches to look out at the lake. Water was crystal clear. Nice play areas and restrooms.Written August 12, 2022
- This was a fun hike, and even all the steps were fun. We did this hike for the view of Big Red and the view of the area was very nice. We walked farther through the forest and would have even done more hiking, but it started raining a bit. The area was well kept.Written July 11, 2022
- Holland by far has the best Farmer's Market around. All kinds of choices!! Highly recommend you see it for yourself.Written November 10, 2021
- We didn’t go to the farmers market, we just went to their store for donuts on the recommendation of a local. Best Blueberry donut! Try the one with lemon glaze, so delicious. Lots of other donut options too.Written August 6, 2022
- We got there when the tulips were just over their peak because of the unexpected hot weather the previous week. We were happy that there were still lots and lots of beautiful tulips and we enjoyed walking through them all. Some of the area around the shop and travel to the beautiful gardens were not kept the best, but we still thought it was a very good experience. It seemed to be family owned and some of the sales people were friendlier than others.Written July 11, 2022
- Tall ship tour was the reason for this stop but spent time just walking the waterfront. Park was very clean and play ground had many things to keep kids busy. Several places to have a great picnic or just bring a blanket and wine for some relaxing time.Written May 16, 2022
- Really enjoy Big Lake beer choices and enjoy the salutes to employees of retail locations (Jordan @ Horrocks) , Healthcare Hero, etc. Stopped here on way home for dinner and beer. Ordered a flight and sampled a few new beers, enjoyed Sammy and Cuban for our dinner. Waitress, Ayanna, was helpful, pleasant and attentive! Other than not being able to dine and have beer in their great outdoor area, had a very pleasant evening!Written September 14, 2021
- Our family has been coming to Outdoor Discovery Center for a few years now. We thought it was fantastic on our first visit in 2018, but it just keeps getting better. The trails are beautiful and well kept, the nature center is lovely and inviting, and the play areas are perfect for open-ended exploration. My kids are teens and tweens now, and our whole family still loves visiting. Don't miss the birds of prey center, and the new animals outside the nature center, where you can see animals who were critically injured now being loved and cared for. And of course, don't forget to try out the zipline!Written October 18, 2021
- We had a good waitress, the food was good.
Omg, the pepperoni pinwheels could have fed us all and then some.
We enjoyed the elotes dip as well.
The patio was fine. It was a but warm when we were there but there was a heat wave so it's to be expected.Written June 16, 2022
- Really pleasant hike, excellent views of hills, lots of good time up and down stairs. A few nice views of Lake Macatawa, but ou can only see a tiny bit of Lake Michigan through the trees beyond one view of Lake Macatawa. So this one is for a good hike, not lake views :)Written May 23, 2022
- Well organized and interesting in the old historic post office. Friendly and helpful staff. Lots to see. We ran out of time so didn't see much on the second floor.Written May 17, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Holland