Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
5 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Wonderful gallery of Art, wine and food with gracious hosts. We stopped in for a quick bottle of wine and stayed for an hour picking out the rest of our dinner. The gallery is stunning with a huge space showing many local artists in different media, Makes this a must visit on your Saugatuck gallery listWritten August 17, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great visit to the Button and bought a wonderful piece by Ronna Alexander who was working in the gallery on the day we visited. It was wonderful to meet the artist and see her technique in action as it's so unusual as she works with wax. Very knowledgable guy running the place - made us feel really welcome.Written January 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love seeing Williamston artists exhibited in the gallery. Mark Chatterley and Paul Nilsson have pieces from Art Prize displayed and some great paintings by a variety of artists.Written July 9, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mixed Media Gallery was opened on February 14th, 2015 in the charming town of Douglas, Michigan. It features local and state artist at very reasonable prices. The artists are traditional to contemporary to quirky...with some very nice photos of the area. Sometimes overshadowed by a bigger town, (Saugatuck) across the river, Douglas is just as charming. Mixed Media offers some of the States finest Estate Jewelry, and sold by a very knowledgeable merchant...who also offers his own artwork on canvas.
Halloween is a great time to visit...the little town of 300, swells to 4,000 or more, for a ruckus night time Adult parade, which starts at 10:00 PM. It's always my favorite time to go to Douglas.
In the summer, the area offers all kinds of water activities, since it sets on the Kalamazoo River (which forms a lake) and empties into Lake Michigan. Oval Beah is the summertime destination and the Fall Colors are beautiful.
My favorite B&B in the area is The Wickwood, owned by one of the ladies who launched the brand The Silver Palette cookbook series.Written August 29, 2018