- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
First the Good – it is a beautiful park – we went for the azaleas & they did not disappoint. I can only imagine how beautiful it is when the rhododendrons are in bloom. Most of the walking is easy & some paved. Beautiful lake & waterfalls. I don’t know if there is any fee normally but there was nobody there collecting money.
The Bad – This was our first time here, we had never heard of this state park until last year. We did not download a map as we assumed there would be trail maps once we got there – or at the very minimum a large sign with a map. Unfortunately they had neither. We pulled into the parking lot & had no idea where to even go – no signs at all. We stayed until somebody else came along & followed them. We walked down to the pond & sat under a large gazebo on Adirondack chairs – nice touch – but is this what they consider the covered bridge? no signs, so who knows. We continued walking until we got to a building – was this the saw mill maybe? Or the Grist Mill? Again, no signs, so who knows. There were picnic tables there – but I wouldn’t want to have walked & carried a cooler to get there. We walked the Azalea trail since we had come to see Azaleas but got to the end with a sign for another trail & since we had no map we had no idea where that would lead so we turned around, retraced our steps & walked back to the parking lot. The park is named after Major Moore – who was he? A sign would be nice. Maps & signs would be very helpful. The ugly – we were coming about 45 minutes away. The web site said “restrooms” were available. I already needed to use one when we arrived, but no big deal – rest rooms were available. But where were they? We never came across any, nor were there any signs. I could understand if they were closed due to Covid but we never even found one! We saw a building past the lake & thought maybe that’s where they were, so walked there – no, no restrooms there. We couldn’t stay as long as we would have liked for obviously reasons. We were going to stop off at Hot Dog Annie’s on our way home but now that was impossible. If there are no bathrooms available that needs to be mentioned on the web site.Written May 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A Pretty falls in The State Park in Paxton,MA. Very pretty and a nice hike to it too.We saw it from the ground then hiked up behind and got an even better view several falls but the one at the top is the best. Would have loved to put up pics but there was no spot to add them .Written July 5, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tennis, swimming, weight lifting, excercise machines locker roome and lessons and coaching available on request.Written February 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Paxton Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 6:50 PM|