Top Attractions in Boothbay Harbor
What travelers are saying
- This was a great way to spend an afternoon. We loved seeing how the staff cooks lobsters, clams, potatoes, corn and hard-boiled eggs (be sure to ask why they do that!) for a huge crowd on giant outdoor wood-fired grill. Go hungry -- you won't believe how much food you'll get. We brought leftovers back to our cottage!Written October 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to see the Marvelous Wonderettes this week at the Carousel Theater and it was awesome. Had a group of us and the guys were not looking forward to it based on the description of the show but we all found it hilarious; one of the best shows I have ever seen. The ladies who were in the play were awesome!!!Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After having visited large aquariums throughout the US, the very small size of this one initially shocked me. Yet, there was a plethora of information and hands on activities for young and the-not-as-young. We touched baby sharks, came face to face with lots of sea creatures, and talked with experts doing research. The pier allowed our 9 year-old to pull up lobster cages and see close up the soon-to-be-released baby lobsters. The equipment - rods and worms - gave him lots of practice fishing which it turned out he really liked! The grounds are great for walking and seeing the harbor.Written September 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Only accessible by boat. Lighthouse sits atop a large rock island There is not much else to say, except it's a real nice pictureWritten October 9, 2021
- Went to Oak Point Farm Boothbay Region Land Trust headquarters where we walked the one mile loop on the 32 acre preserve. It was a beautiful walk! The grounds and gravel walkway trails were very well maintained. I liked the fact that a good portion of the trails are handicapped accessible. There are many benches along the entire trail as well. I would recommend checking it out, you won’t be disappointed!Written July 12, 2022
- We went to a Susan Werner concert here and all the locals..a crew of volunteers…were great! Appreciated the free parking for concertgoers.Written August 17, 2022
- Many unique finds, from small decorative items, colorful jewelry, to very intricate sculptures and wall art creations.Written September 30, 2020
- It's hard to get there without one's own boat. But it's a magical place with unspoiled nature and fascinating historyWritten July 5, 2021
- Very kind and knowledgable staff - we enjoyed our visit. The lighthouse lens was a high point and the stories about past residents of the town.Written July 25, 2021
- Ed is the man! My fiancé and I went in for my mom’s birthday present and came out with pieces for all three of us. He signed the work with us there and it made for a great memory. I highly recommend stopping in!Written September 6, 2022
- We didn't go to the Library this year but the used bookstore is still open, by appointment. The selection is as grand as usual we love to just browse. We have had great luck with the Military History sections, poetry, religion and the potpourri of books on the wall to the left of the register desk, really an eclectic selection. Allow at least an hour.
Also and I forgot to add this to my review of the Skydompha Library Used Book store in Damiriscotta, bring any books (or CDs, DVDs) you can to donate them. They will be found and enjoyed by someone else and the library will get the benefit from the sale, they get a good chunk of money every year from this store.Written September 9, 2020
- Lovely town, some wonderful original art! Several price levels for unique pieces.If you enjoy seeing local artists' work, great stop!Written June 25, 2022
- We stopped in and shared a flight, we enjoyed all the beers.
Friendly, knowledgeable staff as well. Great view of the harbor.Written September 20, 2022
- Great time on the Ship. Our Docent was very Knowledgeable and both the Captain and her were great at pointing out the different species of bird.Written October 12, 2022
- Excellent ride to pull traps around the harbor. Very informative and fun way to learn a little about lobstering. Couldn't have picked a better day or crew! Thank you:)Written September 10, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 11:57 AM|