Top Attractions in Wichita
What travelers are saying
- The Sedwick County Zoo was a total surprise in the best of ways. We had hunkered down in Witchita for the afternoon because of high winds making travel difficult and wanted some activity for the afternoon. Someone suggested the SCZ. We thought since it was a County Zoo it would probably be a small quick activity. The Zoo is very large and so well done. One of the best Zoo experiences we have ever had. The Zoo takes you through all the continents with representative animals and birds from all these lands. It flows very nicely from one continent to the next. We especially liked the Black Rhinos and Hippocampuses in the African exhibit as we were given a special educational experience from one of the Zoo Keepers-Kayla, that we will never forget. She had a wealth information and made this exhibit special.
We would highly recommend this Zoo to anyone that loves animals. We have been to many big city Zoo's and we would rank this Zoo experience at the top. You won't be disappointed.Written October 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visit Botanica every time we get a chance. It's a wonderful garden, beautifully arranged. The children's garden is especially delightful, with stuff to pound on, places to hide away and a sliding hill with artificial grass. The butterfly house was undergoing maintenance when we were there, but in previous visits it's been a special treat.Written October 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This a must see if you visit Wichita Kansas. Don't just stop at the monument but walk a little further and visit the museum. Lots of information, exhibits, and really friendly staff.Written October 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an unique place. Made up of both original and replica buildings. On most days it is like being in 1876 Wichita with all the people gone. Free admission to Veterans and seniors. It and the new ballpark are must sees. Wichita is a low cost places to visit with lots to do. I recommend staying at either a best western or the Hampton inn . Both give you great value for your money .Written December 2, 2022
- Very neat place! They have a variety of activities for kids to play and interact with. We saw the show on Mt. Everest it was a cool story. We didn't look at everything, we'll have to come back another time to get it all. The front desk gal, Maria, was very nice and helpful.Written August 12, 2022
- This museum is a mini version of the Great London King's College Museum. Very wide variety of topics, everything exquisitely described in detail. It's a place that should be visited over several days to truly absorb the detail and meanings of the exhibits. It is truly a must see to believe.Written October 24, 2022
- Wonderful example of FLW earlier work. Very knowledgeable docent and furnished with many original pieces.Written November 6, 2022
- A lovely habitat to have in the city.
We got off to a bad start as we couldn’t find the visitor center due to poor signage or us being blind, not sure which.
We were then given a map in black and white, with four coloured trails … maybe the colour printer was broken.
For us there was far too much concrete and asphalt on the trails. The side paths to nowhere were far more interesting, especially through the woodland floor.
We saw amazing turtles, heron, butterflies, different jumping fish, cardinals and all sorts of other birds we couldn’t identify.
The replanted prairie was great and did remind us of our trips to the real ‘wild west’.Written October 4, 2022
- We stopped by on a Sat. morning to check it out-we do this in most larger towns we visit-and were absolutely blown away by their collection of Pre-Columbian artifacts on display.
And then to see the POWER TO THE PEOPLE exhibit of Mexican artists work from the revolution to the cold war years was amazing. to think this exhibit is the collection of basically one family is extraordinary and to share it like this-WOW!
It runs through the end of this year (2022) and could be meant for us today in this country.Written November 7, 2022
- Better than I might have expected. The surrounding area along Douglas Avenue is also nice. There are events like the Farm and Art Market and others to check out, and plenty of places to eat, drink, work, see a show, or go antiquing.Written August 1, 2022
- The Kansas Aviation Museum is in The Wichita Terminal building which was used up until 1954. There are lots of exhibits on the history of the aviation industry in Wichita. Beechcraft, Ryan, Boeing and several other firms were or still are in the area. There were several airplanes displayed inside the building and several larger airplanes outside including a B-52 and a B-47. We also got to take the elevator and stairs up to the old airport control tower.Written August 4, 2022
- Lovely area with beautiful vistas of the river and artwork along the path. Parking is free and you can make it a quick or leisurely visit.Written November 6, 2022
- Great stop on my walkabout from Hyatt Place - and it had a place to sit (which there are no benches on the walk) Nice displays and it brought back so many childhood memories of getting lucky enough to go to Pizza Hut! It is a wonderful testament of entrepreneurship.Written October 6, 2022
- Some of the best beer I ever had. We had the peanut butter cup stout and it was terrific. Nice sized place with a great brewery vibe. Definitely top of the list of places to try in WichitaWritten January 18, 2020
- This small beautiful little park (along the river walkway) brought back very sad memories in a respectful and very lovely way. The moments I spent there truly were precious to me as a Vietnam veteran... Thank you to the Vietnamese community and others that made it possible. It said "Welcome home!"Written October 24, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Wichita
Wichita Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 1:31 AM|