Visitor Centers • Natural History Museums
9 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We almost passed this by and are so glad we didn’t. What a gem of an environmental/nature center. Extensive displays about the natural area and its history of economic development. We enjoyed the live rattlesnake and the library.Written July 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Used this narrow bridge to cross the Mississippi River between Wisconsin and Iowa. Very narrow and cool bridge for JUST vehicles.Written May 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Luckily I had someone local to direct me up to this park and the FABULOUS overlook of the Mississippi River. There are a couple hairpins turns that large RVs will have an issue with. It's steep. But once you're up here you could spend hours just watching the river or bird watching. Picnic tables at the top - plan to stay a while.Written May 23, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We've been to many wineries, and I can say without hesitation this one is my new favorite. The wine is delicious. The owners, Karen and Brian are kind, engaging, and very knowledgeable. The winery grounds are absolutely beautiful. If you are near the area, add this to your plans. Actually, even if you aren't near the area, plan a little road trip. You won't be disappointed.Written October 22, 2023
- Wexford is a beautiful country church that was named by Irish immigrants when they came to the area in 1851. It is surrounded by the cemetery that is well maintained. The interior is decorative metal with many statues. It is claimed to be one of the oldest Catholic parishes west of the Mississippi that is still active.Written July 23, 2016
- If you are looking for a quiet place to stay, Broken Paddle is the place for you. It is not a campground brimming with activities or things to do, but is quiet and nice. It is a short drive outside of Lansing and from the Mississippi river with a great number of things for people to do.Written May 14, 2018
- Fun store to go in. Every time I go to Lansing, I always go here. The owners are very kind also. Overall, really great store.Written August 30, 2022
- We only found this little community by accident.. It turned into a wonderful and fulfilling experience! Gracie's Hutch is such a neat building full of appropriately priced finds. The owner was working the day we stopped and we found her to be an absolutely lovely woman! We went in with no intentions to buy anything, but rather look. My husband and I left with more than we could carry! I highly recommend stopping in to take a look around if you find yourself in that area.Written April 10, 2019
- While staying in Lansing, IA at River View Inn we found a new place that opened under the Inn right on the river's edge! Bait/hunting gear/camping gear/guns and they also offer Kayak rental during the summer months! Enjoy the Mississippi River from your own rented Kayak!
This is by far the most beautiful part of the Mississippi river! Many back water sloughs to fish and paddle around in! But don't miss out on things to do in winter! They can help you with all your ice fishing needs! Supplies and live bait and if you are really really nice they will point you to some prime fishing hot spots! ;)
Hunting? They have all your hunting supplies and if they don't have it in stock they will order it pronto for you!
So happy they made their home in Lansing! Can't wait to rent a Kayak this summer and fish in warmer weather! With their Kayaks we can fish all our favorite sloughs easily!
A must do trip for wildlife photographers! So many Bald eagles and other wildlife photo opportunities!!Written February 7, 2017
Lansing Attractions Information
|Monday 6:48 AM|