- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
31 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travelers are saying
- This multi- leveled gentle Falls finishes a relaxing walk that runs along the stream. Even more exciting after a nice rain. Such a great finish without a long haul.Written October 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This would be a place of little interest unless you are interested in Scandinavian, especially Norwegian, culture and immigrant culture. But it is an excellent museum showing folk art, hand crafts and skills of the modest Norwegian culture. If you are traveling to learn something different, give this a try.Written August 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We biked this fun trail four times over the corse of our week long stay. It is well maintained and we stopped at various points to take pictures, enjoy the views and even visited the fish Hatchery just off the train.Written June 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped into Pulpit Rock Brewing Company today for the first time. The beers we tried were delicious and the people were very friendly. We enjoyed sitting outside in their outdoor table area - peaceful and relaxing. I would definitely visit again the next time I'm in Decorah!Written June 12, 2022
- Love TG's beer. Really wish they had racerback tank tops in their merchandise. Picked up DDH king sue to go (impossible to find at home).
Ordered pizzas & other ipas while we were there. Pizzas ok- tasty while we were there but really dry as left overs (maybe a bit more cheese?)
Great service! Friendly, checking in with us just often enough without being pushy. Two thumbs up!
Only other request: please bring back the Sparkling Dolphins!!Written October 7, 2022
- What you miss with the picture of the fish hatchery is the beautiful trout stream and awesome water fall that is nearby. We saw the famous Decorah eagles flying overhead and saw high in the trees a nest. We fished and caught trout which we returned to the stream. Quiet, peaceful and BEAUTIFUL nature!!Written October 31, 2022
- Back in the late 1970s I bought a small hobby farm in west Wisconsin and moved my young family there. This is when I became familiar with Seed Savers and bought some seeds via mail order.
Fast forward to October 15, 2022 we were going to Decorah to celebrate our wedding anniversary with another couple who had never been to this farm. So we stopped on on that sunny afternoon. I have loved this place for more than 40 years. On our visit this day, we showed the other couple around and we all bought some heritage seeds. They have such a huge variety seeds: veggies, flowers and grasses, many that you will never find anywhere else. They also have great artistic crafts, gifts, books and more.
The store building is a finely crafted timberframe structure and so beautiful inside. It is worth visiting just to see the structure inside. The staff here are super friendly and nice, always willing to tell you all about the 100s of heritage seed types here. We also bought a Amish made wall hanging fold-out clothes rack. It is a fine piece of art! I do hope this place will continue to farm, garden and provide heritage seeds for many more years to come. Keep up the great work!Written October 17, 2022
- We had a 5 wine flight and we tried the sweet wines, which were all very good. I bought some Berry Patch Hoedown, which is a mixture of fruit flavors.Written May 21, 2022
- Just a few miles north of Decorah, Iowa off Hwy 52, this is a great place to see how heritage gardening is done, walk the trails and view the gardensWritten October 17, 2022
- Decorah Ice Cave is a state preserve but managed by the town of Decorah. We stopped by after visiting Dunning's Spring Park and waterfall. Ice Cave Road is closed past Dunning's Spring, so we walked about a half-mile up the road to the cave. Due to collapses, it's only possible to go about 10 feet into the cave and we didn't see any ice. However, it was really chilly in the cave on a warm summer day. I spoke with a couple locals who said you could go a lot further into the cave until about 10 years ago when some rocks collapsed and limited entry. But it's still worth a side trip if visiting Dunning's Spring.Written November 19, 2020
- We were looking for a place to eat since dine in restaurants were hard to find. Phelps Park was perfect. It is at the top of the hill and has a great view of the river and prairie. Clean and not crowded.Written August 15, 2020
- If you visit Dunning Springs, also visit this similar natural site,Decorah has great, natural parks.Written August 23, 2022
- This school which was a functioning school until recent years is the image on the back (reverse side) of the "Iowa" US quarter ($.25).Written August 23, 2022
- Beautiful Home had a great tour guide very informative lots of displays . Loved looking at the rocks outside surrounding the homeWritten July 20, 2019
- We have found and cut our Christmas tree here for the past two years (2015 and 2016). They have many perfect trees, it is difficult to choose. They shake, wrap, and help you load your tree. Very friendly. Reasonably priced. Nice for families and kids. Hot cider!Written November 9, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Decorah
- The most popular things to do in Decorah with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Decorah on Tripadvisor
Decorah Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 8:14 AM|