- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
46 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 46
What travelers are saying
- Learned a lot about the American railroads. Great exhibits and well laid out. Informative friendly staff.Written June 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful home and we toured during the holidays so everything was decorated to the hilt. Four full floors of history and furniture.
It is a free roaming tour which is nice. There are strategically placed volunteers for any questions you may have.Written December 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting jail design. First one like it we've seen. Lots of displays and info on how the jail worked and the design of it. Was pretty harsh on all who were here it seems. Solitary confinement, even if only for hours was brutal. Only negative is seems a bit expensive and web site does not have updated, higher prices. A few $$ less would have made this a good deal. Still worth visiting as it's pretty unique.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice views from high above the river reward the visitor here. The monument itself is nothing spectacular, but the views are worth the drive.Written August 30, 2022
- Love the “H” handles walking in and the friendly staff greeting. Such a wide range of food options. Nice layout for a casino. Very clean and professionalWritten December 27, 2022
- Still no enforcement of wearing a mask. No social distancing.
Small casino floor, newer games. Tight on the slots.Written April 13, 2021
- We saw this park and fountain basically as a drive by. All around the park was metered parking, so we just didn't plan on spending that much time to get out and walk around, but we did stop to admire the lovely fountain.Written June 27, 2022
- Stayed in an adjacent hotel and walked the floor of the casino after having a quick dinner at the sports book bar and grill. I'm not a gambler but the place was well organized and had a full array of mechanical games as well as tables. People looked like they were having fun. Smoke removal system could be a little better.Written October 29, 2022
- They have created an unique display of all the western trails of early America. They also have an unique movie.Written May 23, 2019
- Dittmar's is a very lovely place to go for a fall visit! Tons of apple varieties to choose from and lots of fun activities to do for kids (tractor rides, corn maze, huge play area). They do several weekend events and have turned themselves into a local gathering spot. Good wine and food and fun atmosphere!Written September 10, 2017
- Attended the Van Gogh Immersive Experience at the Mid American Center, tickets are expensive ($50 each) but it was a very cool experience.Written August 21, 2022
- Recreation of the Kanesville Tabernacle, originally constructed by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to hold a conference to reorganize the First Presidency 3 years after the marytrdom of Joseph Smith.Written July 29, 2019
- This is a place only rail enthusiasts might want to visit. They look like they're on a limited budget and it shows. The cars are old and in poor shape. Mail car was the only interesting stock sitting in the yard to look at. The main draw is the information in the museum which appears to be an old rail station. Staff was friendly, but I don't think they get enough business to do any upgrades. If it were a bit cheaper, would be a worth a look inside the museum. Otherwise, if pressed for time, I'd skip this.Written September 22, 2022
- The mayor of Council Bluffs had a dream to develop this riverside park for his community. I visited after the summer/autumn flood of Missouri River in 2019. The park was tecnically closed but you could walk through if willing to get your shoes muddy. I have no problem with that. Lots of deer and other animal tracks preserved along the trail. Good views of Omaha from this park. Some artistic sculptures.Written December 14, 2019
- Wonderful place for children to play. If you have several it is tough to keep eyes on them when they play in different directions! They do need supervision all in all very nice place..Written March 7, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Council Bluffs
- The top attractions to visit in Council Bluffs are:
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum
- Lewis and Clark Monument and Scenic Overlook
- Horseshoe Council Bluffs
- Pottawattamie County Squirrel Cage Jail and Museum
- Historic General Dodge House
Council Bluffs Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 2:02 AM|