- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
46 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 46
What travelers are saying
- A beautiful state park.
The trails are basically in a canyon to which you have to go down several sets of wooden stairs making Clifty Falls one of the more difficult parks to maneuver for this 67 year old out of shape woman! Most of the state parks I have visited are not so difficult. But for those who can handle it, it's great for hiking.Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visit Madison for shopping - many different stores and restaurants! We have always found something unique on each trip!Written July 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an excellent tour of the mansion. A lot of information about the city history as well as the history of the mansion. I highly recommend it!Written August 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Steve did an amazing job at his requirements. It was an enjoyable experience and he was very knowledgeable.Written August 12, 2022
- Very very friendly and brought out a bowl of water for our two boxers. Highly recommend. The staff was excellent. We will be back.Written July 1, 2022
- My husband and I were in town for our anniversary. We decided to stop by for a free wine tasting, and ended up buying 4 bottles! The cider and the Sack were amazing. Staff was very friendly. Cannot wait to come back when more variety is available.Written March 15, 2020
- The station museum was very small, but quite interesting. The restored caboose outside that you can go in was the highlight of this part of the history center. For sure worth the stop.Written August 12, 2019
- We liked the history center because you can browse around on your own and don't have to wait for a guided tour. It was only $5.00 per person and we learned and saw some interesting things about the area. The staff was extremely nice and knowledgeable.Written September 27, 2021
- Not much to say. This is the third time we've been to this particular mall, and it's always been a good experience. The place is clean, booths are fairly organized, prices seem reasonable, the bathrooms are clean, and the people are friendly.
This is off the main street historic district, which I prefer (some of the antique shops on the main drag have become more flea market-type shops...not our thing).Written June 30, 2020
- My husband and I recently visited Madison for a little anniversary getaway. As lovers of all things historic, we decided to book a tour of the Schroeder Saddletree Factory not really even knowing what a saddletree WAS. What an interesting experience! We had the rare opportunity to learn all about how saddletrees are constructed (a quickly vanishing art) with an up close and personal look at the factory as well as the property where the Schroeder family lived and worked. We will never look at a saddle the same way again. This site, operated by Historic Madison Inc., is truly a labor of love that is well worth the time it takes to visit. Make an advance appointment via phone to guarantee your spot during the current pandemic restrictions and enjoy an informative individualized tour of a unique treasure.Written May 30, 2021
- We walked portions of this two different times. It is clean and very well lit at night A nice walk!!Written May 19, 2022
- Not much to say except, overall, this is a very nice mall. Lots of variety, prices are fairly reasonable, and for the most part booths are well organized. It's large, but not so large that you get overwhelmed. It's also pretty clean.
The people were friendly, too.
Don't let the country General Store look of the outside fool you...it's not one of these places that claim to be an antique mall that's filled with mostly new or re-purposed Home Goods-type stuff. This is the real deal.
This is located off the main drag that goes through Madison.Written July 14, 2020
- WOW!! What a gorgeous water fountain. No wonder people have weddings there. Be sure to stop and see this historic fountain while in Madison.Written June 5, 2022
- This is a great art gallery filled with local artists' works. The town is adorable, too. Art on Main's website said it was closed on Mondays, but it was open. Closing days may be Tuesday and Wednesday, but it's worth calling if you're not sure. It's for sure worth dropping in as one of many intriguing places to visit in Madison.Written January 14, 2022
- I’m so happy we were able to see this home. It’s not huge, so it didn’t take us long to go through the home, but the design is very impressive and I’m happy it’s still standing and preserved. The inside is beautifully furnished with some unique and interesting features. Contact Historic Madison about tour times rather than just showing up.Written October 23, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Madison
- The best outdoor activities in Madison according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Madison on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Madison with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Madison on Tripadvisor