- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
18 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Lihaga island is located in East Likupang District, North Minahasa Regency, North Sulawesi Province.
It is about 38,6 kilometers from Manado City and takes about 80 minute or 1,5 hours.
This island is so beautiful with a wide stretch of white sand, and the water is bright blue. On this island there are also cottages or small houses that can be used to relax.
So what are u waiting for? Come and enjoy the placeWritten October 17, 2020
- The water color is amazing. It’s very clear and turquoise.
Its hot there, don’t forget to use sunblock.Written July 31, 2019
- Pulisan Beach is one of the tourist destinations that must be visited, because the beach is with fine white sand and waves that extend every eye that looks at it.
Pulisan Beach also has several favorite places, one of which is Tanjung Pulisan which is a special economic area for tourism and is one of the five super priority areas in Indonesia.
Pulisan beach is also very easy to visit because with a very cheap entrance price we can enjoy extraordinary natural beauty.Written October 19, 2020
- We just returned from a wonderful two day trek, climbing to the summit of Mount/Vulcano Klabat, the highest peak of North Sulawesi (~2000m). When we were in Tangkoko, we asked around for referrals for guides who could take us on the trek. We received a referral to a guide who is part of a community/organization called Tunas Hijau. It proved to be the best referral ever. Tunas Hijau is a group of young enthusiastic twenty-something guys and girls, who are focused on trekking, climbing and nature conservation. Most of them are involved in education about nature. They have a clubhouse called ‘Basecamp’ from where they operate. There is a climbing wall and a big collection of trophies that they’ve won with (rock) climbing.
Our family of five (children are 7, 8 and 10) went on a two day trek. On day 1 we started at 6am from the Airmadidi police station and hiked all the way up. It’s a steep climb, but very doable. The kids had fun finding their way up crossing the big rocks and fallen trees. Five guys of Tunas Hijau went with us, which was great fun. They provided and carried all the camping gear (tents, mats, sleeping bags, etc), as well as food. We brought along water and some snacks and lunch to share.
Staying at the top was a great experience. When the sun is set, it can get chilly. We only had long sleeves and long pants with us, but the sleeping bags kept us warm. The Tunas Hijau guys made us a wonderful dinner, as well as great breakfast in the morning. The sunset views from the summit are spectacular. The second day we walked the same way down. In the beginning there was some rain (bring rain coats or simple ponchos). It took us about 6 hours (including breaks) to reach the top, and about 4,5 to descend.
It is also possible to do the trek without guides, bringing your own gear. We’ve met people doing that. Just make sure you’ll find the entrance to the trail (which can be difficult), and then follow the plastic wrappers on the trees. If you want to go with guides, we can highly recommend to go with Tunas Hijau. They are a wonderful group of people, they bring good gear and service and charge reasonable prices.
Ps We noticed quite some litter on the trail... We collected a lot of it on our camp ground and also brought down two large bags full of plastic that we collected on the way down. Please make sure to bring down your own rubbish and to leave the place cleaner than you found it....Written July 1, 2018
- This place is closer to the city proper and it will take you less than an hour to reach the waterfall. Some parts of the road leading to this place are unpaved until you reach the parking area. Then, you will walk for 10-15 minutes but it is not tiring since the path is well-maintained and mostly flat. I visited this place early in the morning on a Saturday so i wasn’t surprised when I and my guide was alone during my visit. The water is cold and it is relaxing. Staying here for an hour or two is okay.Written November 30, 2018
- Everything was beautiful at Pulisan Beach. Pulisan Beach is a part of the Likupang Beach, North Minahasa. As for the location, there is white sand and beautifull view.
You must see the private beach here with small boat. There is a small boat for rent, the price is very cheap, only twenty thousand rupiah.
Prepare a camera, change clothes and definitely have a fun vacation in this location.Written October 15, 2020
- I've been in tumbak cottages for 4 nights, it's peaceful and nice.
Yohan is open minded and calm.
The rooms and the shared parts:
The rooms are very basics but comfortables. It's not dirty, it's just above the water and of course exposed to water and wind, so I don't really understand people complaning about the rooms, you cannot expect your bathroom to be clean and bleached everymorning. The mattresses are OK. At night you can hear the waves and many strange sounds :).
The shared parts are not good as new but enough for a few days. The whole place is surrounded by corals and when the water is clear you can see many things.
You can go by yourself all around the cottages, corals are amazings, so many fishes to see.
Yohan also take you to other stops by boat in the morning, every place is different, depending on the weather not clear all the time but in my opinion it worths it.
The only problem for me was the food! Some days we don't have enough, and it's not very different from one day to another. If you're vegetarian like me you don't have many sources of proteins to replace the fish.
For the price we pay, mostly if you are alone, I think it could be improved. It's the only reason I couldn't have stay more.
Bring some fruits and biscuits with you.
In response to the few very bad comments, it's not perfect, but it really worths it for a few dans, so dont be afraid to go and make your own opinion.Written September 17, 2019
- This is one of the best places I visited here in Minahasa. From the crystal-clear seawater to the nearby lake, this place is worth a visit. There are also a handful restaurant that offers some snacks.Written May 6, 2019
- A must visit recreational place in Minahasa, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. It's famous with the hot spring pool and located at good panoramic view of Tondano lake.Written June 20, 2018
- In the south east of Minahasa regency - North Sulawesi, Pulau Naga (snake island) protects Ratatotok bay from huge waves.
These small islands are also called Pulau Putus Putus (disconnect islands). A paradise for snorkeling and sea kayaking.
Possible to do camping on the islands but you have to bring lot of drinking water.There are no springs on the islands.
Pantai Lakban is a famous beach for local tourists which is crowded during weekends and public holidays.
You can charter a motorized fishing boat to visit the islands.
Ratatotok is an Islam village with some small local restaurants. There is also a small resort with old wooden bungalows.Written February 21, 2017
- Just about about 30 km from Manado city. This 6.500 ha large wildlife reserve was founded in the year 1978 to protect the animals and for its watershed value.
Manembo-nembo is a word from the local Tontemboan language and means "view from above".
One of the last primary rain forests in Sulawesi around Mount Tanuwantik (665 m), a lot of clear rivers and steep terrain.
Home for many endemic animals like the Crested Black Macaque, Tarsier, Kuskus, Sulawesi Woodpecker, Knobbed Hornbill, Lilac-cheeked Kingfisher, Ruddy Kingfisher, Sulawesi hanging-parrot, ...
You can also observe toads, frogs and even a flying snake.
You should stay there at least for one night in a jungle camp.Written January 4, 2017
- As a natural tourist destinations that not much exposed, tumbak island present a variety of activities marine tourism, starting from fishing, snorkeling, and diving. Tumbak island in administration enter to territory tumbak village, north minahasa district, north sulawesi. To reach this island from the city of manado a distance about 90 kilometers. Tumbak island unpopulated and has an area of less than one hectare. Tumbak island has a natural beauty that still naturally. Tumbak island have hills and from this hill, visitors can see expanse of blue sea and savanna that has not been touched by humans. Underwater scenery tumbak island that beautiful and pure make visitors will never forget the beauty of tumbak island.Written July 19, 2016
- Dodoku aer konde is a nature bathing place that located in Wawali, Ratahan, Southeast Minahasa Regency, North Sulawesi. These location is not far from the office of the bupati. The time needed to this place takes 3-4 hours from Manado City. Dodoku aer konde is a bathing place where have a very clear water and white sand in the bottom. The water is not too deep and very suitable for bathing. In this bathing place, the water comes from the cave above. This bathing place is surrounded by cliffs were used as a medium for the jump. The air in this bathing place is very cool because it is surrounded by shady trees. This place very rocommended for you who love water adventure.Written July 31, 2016
- Travel by car from Manado city to Likupang about 1 hour 15 minutes. Then cross the island by motor boat about 20-40 minutes. From its coastal navy blue looks real. White sand beaches , clear waters and breezes add the beauty of this tourist island.Written June 16, 2016