Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- We stopped in because an employee in a shop on Main Street in Galena recommended it for the view. We had a cocktail and sat in the restaurant overlooking the Mississippi River.
Beautiful view and very relaxing.
Wait staff nice and efficient.Written April 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice walking park with all kinds of great historical things. It’s a gorgeous walk over a bridge and the view of Galena is beautiful.Written May 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful waterfalls with a nice viewing platform area. Great place for a quick stop to get out stretch your legs for a few moments.Written July 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped by on our way out of town. We enjoyed the sculptures and the tongue-in-cheek names. The park was free. The area was nicely shaded, so we were able to enjoy on it on a hot summer day.Written July 16, 2023
- We were driving past on the way from Chestnut Mountain Resort and decided to stop. It is free, interesting and has a beautiful view. There was some information about the aera, but I wish they would have had more explaining the sun dial in the middle and some of the area views. Definitely worth stopping at if you are nearby but I don't know if I would make a special trip.Written August 18, 2022
- This reserve is a hidden gem. Trails are easy and well maintained. Views of the prairie and woodlands are spectacular. Anyone who appreciates archeological history will enjoy this area.Written June 10, 2023
- Visiting in the fall like we did one does not get the full effect of the gardens. But it is obvious the owners have put a lot of effort into laying out and planting the gardens.Written October 1, 2016
- just a short walk from the parking lot, you can find the beginning of the trail. We didn't spend much time there as it started raining but we had some beautiful views of the river. It is an easy trail.Written October 8, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Galena
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Galena:See more nature & parks for groups in Galena on Tripadvisor