Ghost & Vampire Tours • Historical & Heritage Tours
- Traveler favoritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks • Nature & Wildlife Tours
What travelers are saying
- Ted is an amazing storyteller who really draws you into the scene and brings the stories alive. The tour itself was sufficiently spooky, and the additions of the pictures he shared, and the visit to the Dowling house really made it special. Our tour was 90 minutes and went a little over. He recommends going back to some places afterward, so give yourself at least 2 hours. Highly recommend!Written November 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an excellent time with Ella and Nathan! We felt so comfortable during the entire event. What a great time!Written October 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stroll with the goats, listen to live music while you chow down on ordered pizza and make s’mores. What could be better?Written November 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent historic trolley ride through Galena. Should not be missed! The views along the tour are spectacular.Written November 20, 2022
- I can’t stop thinking about this amazing experience. By far the best ‘ghost’ tour I’ve ever been on. Mathew was very knowledgeable in Galena’s history and connecting with spirits was such a neat experience. The dowsing rods were so different from anything I’ve experienced. We were able to connect with spirits. The stories from past tours were awesome too. Even my ‘non believer’ husband highly recommends this tour! Just do it!Written December 3, 2022
- Andy was informative and a fun pilot concerned with safety. I had booked a ride a day earlier and was disappointed to get a message the flight was canceled due to winds being too high. I was able to reschedule and fly the next day, on a still picture perfect day. The sensation of floating was amazing. Will definitely try to fly again next time I’m in galenaWritten September 28, 2022
- Lots of wine and great views! Friendly and timely tour guides made this a perfect afternoon on girls weekend <3Written September 10, 2022
- We found this tour to be very informative and not just about the major tourist areas. Johnny added lots of local flavor to the tour. I want to compliment him as it was late in the day and we were the only ones on the bus. But it didn't seem to bother him and that was nice. We received a discount coupon at the Visitor's Center to use toward our tour. After taking the tour, it was fun to go back over some of the streets taken by the trolley and remember what all we were told. Boy, these drivers are amazing...many tight spots handled expertly. Also loved the Gateway to History shop and personnel where we checked in. Great souvenirs and Chuckles!!Written October 15, 2019
- Our bus trip was fun, less what we hoped or expected it to be, but still a good time. It was more storytelling of Galena's history than ghost or paranormal stuff, but we did enjoy that as well. Would recommend it to anybody who wants to ride around town hearing some nice fun stories of the town's past.Written October 25, 2022
- I took my friend on this tour as a birthday gift
Our guide was awesome very friendly and accommodating to our every need
The staff at the wineries were very friendly and got great pictures as the views were spectacular!
I would recommend this wine tour to others
It's a fun day to spend with friends!Written November 13, 2021
- We visited Galena in early October and stayed downtown on Main St. it was an easy walk to Nuts Outdoors. The four of us (in our 60’s) rented bikes to ride along the Galena River bike trail. It was lovely! The trail is well-maintained. Our bikes were fully charged and ready for us right away. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable.Written October 15, 2022
- They offer some good roughts. Went from buck hill to Galena, had a blast. Might try from new diggins next time.Written May 10, 2019
- Not what I expected as the ride was an old pontoon with limited views in the covered part unless you stood up and faced the outside of the boat. Reason being, the bench seats face the inside of the boat.
If you're lucky enough to grab a spot on the back of the boat or the very front you'll be okay because it's open.
Captain Bob and his apprentice were very, very nice. They did have some interesting things to say but it was hard to hear them. The part of the river toured really has nothing to see except turtles, beaver lodges, birds, trees and water. Not to say nature is "nothing" but it was nothing most of us hadn't seen anywhere else.
The tour itself was boring and too long at an hour and a half but luckily, we went out in a beautiful sunny day and were able to relax and take in the sun. However, I could have done that elsewhere for free.
$30 is too much for this tour; $10 is about all it's worth, $15 max.
The best part of the whole thing is the ride down the slide to get to the river and the ski lift back up.Written September 21, 2016
- if you like food and history, this is the tour for you! April was a great tour guide who knew so much about the local history. It almost felt as if the food was just a bonus for the tour! The selection of food was great and not a long walk at all (more of a meander, if you will). Very glad that we did the tour early in our trip as it helped us determine where to eat later on based on our sampling. Super fun, would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Galena!!!Written November 15, 2021
- We would have preferred to tour the vineyard but since that was not available we stopped in the tasting room. The woman who waited on us was very nice and told us a lot about the wines we tried. We enjoyed our flights and went home with 4 bottles of wine. She let us leave them there while we walked around town and as we were trying to find a parking spot to come and pick them up we got a nice reminder call. Hopefully we can visit the vineyard in the future.Written June 30, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Galena
- These experiences are best for tours in Galena:
- Groovy Galena Scavenger Hunt
- Canoeing and Kayaking in Mississippi Wildlife & Fish Refuge
- Horseback Riding and Petting Zoo
- These are the best hidden gems for tours in Galena:See more hidden gem tours in Galena on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Galena:See more adventurous tours in Galena on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Galena:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Galena on Tripadvisor
Galena Tours Information
|Tour Prices From||$110|