- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Concerts & Shows
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- First of all I want to commend the staff for running a well organized, safe and friendly operation. The opera was one of our main reasons for visiting Chicago. We first saw L'Elisir d'Amore which was staged really well and was done in a humorous fashion without overdoing it. The singers were good but nothing out of the ordinary. The second day, we saw Macbeth which was directed by McVicar and was great on every level. The setting, while not traditional, evoked the feelings of terror which are one of the themes of the opera. The singers, especially Sandra Radvanovsky, were terrific....the cast in our view was superior to the Macbeth we had seen at the Met in New York. The orchestra and conductor were of the finest quality.Written October 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We came to the Opera House to watch the Nutcracker. This is an iconic landmark in Chicago sitting on South Branch of the Chicago River. For years of seeing the facade from the outside, I have always wanted to see the inside and it did not disappoint. Bring your camera! There are plenty of picture opportunities starting with the entrance.
We sat in the mezzanine level, and you can tell from the approach to their design that they have spent years trying to blend the traditional vs. the contemporary. We purchased tickets to the mezzanine level, and it was interesting because the seats actual individual seats vs. the traditional stadium seating. It was very private as there were only six seats in the "Suites". It was also interesting as there was a double entry system whereby after you enter the first set of doors you can store your jacket/belongings, before you pass through the second set of doors to your seat.
The view from the seats was unobstructed and the theater was beautiful - I am hoping to get a little closer for the next show to really get a feel for the grandness of the theater setting.Written December 27, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I did not go in just wanted a good photo spot that everyone would recognize in Chicago! It was neat iconic sign in a lot of movies.Written May 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chicago
- These are the best places for couples seeking operas in Chicago:See more operas for couples in Chicago on Tripadvisor