Top Attractions in Coeur d'Alene
What travelers are saying
- Coeur d'Alene Lake is lovely. A beautiful place to hang out. We were traveling through and checked out the lake and the local Park, there is a great dog park and plenty of things to do around the lake area.Written July 25, 2022
- Wow! This place is surprising. On your way there, don't be deceived by the isolated road. The farm is on a beautiful sprawling piece of land up the mountain.
Once you arrive, you are personally greeted by the owners and treated to the story of how the ranch started. Afterward, the tour begins with seeing multiple paddocks and barns that house different animals: mini horses, mini donkeys, chickens, rabbits, goats, sheep, cats, llamas, and of course alpacas.
The animals were all very friendly, but the mini donkeys were my favorite. They actually asked to be petted by approaching me!
The facilities were so clean and taken care of very well. The on-site gift shop was filled with wonderful gifts for the whole family.
If you have the time, I highly recommend you place the Seven Stars Alpaca Ranch on your to-do list when you visit Coeur d'Alene!!Written August 9, 2022
- Beautiful views of the lake along this trail. There are rocky, uneven places - so it isn't wheelchair accessible. That being said, it is one of my favorite places to take a walk. It is also an amazing place to take a picnic lunch, and go for a swim at one of the many beaches.Written August 4, 2022
- This is lake side and beautifully maintained with walking trails, clean rest rooms, and close to downtown CDL.Written July 9, 2022
- We walked parts of the trail on one day and biked all of it on another day. It is paved and well marked. There are benches along parts of the trail and areas where there are bathrooms. Parks are accessible from the trail. There are plenty of areas to get food when in the downtown area. There are no significant elevation changes.Written September 17, 2021
- Coeur d'Alene is a great place to go with a family. The lake is beautiful. There are numerous places to rent lake equipment like boats jet skis and the like. We stayed at the arrow point WorldMark project. We enjoyed this day and it was a great place to get a look at celebrities as they congregated in the lodge next to ours. All in all Coeur d'Alene should be high on anyone's list. Be advised that the water is cold.Written July 29, 2022
- Our family stopped by to visit the Coeur d'Alene winery, and we were very impressed with the service and the tasting. We found the wines to be full of flavor and, with the red wine I tasted, very vibrant flavors. We found the winery to be very comfortable and inviting. There is no question that we will come back.Written October 24, 2021
- Excellent hike! The trail is very well marked and has several benches along the way. It is a loop from the base to the summit and back down. At the summit, there is a covered area with a picnic table. Views from the trail on the way up, and at the top, are pretty good -- but you will be treated to a stupendous view of Lake Coeur d'Alene a short while after beginning your descent. Definitely worth the trip! I think the loop trail is 2.5 miles long, and the trail to and from the parking lot adds on another half-mile. Parking is free. On a Thursday late-morning, the parking lot was about 1/3 full. I'm guessing it gets really crowded on nice weekends. Worth the effort to go to the top!Written May 19, 2022
- This is a fantastic farmers market. Lots of local produce, baked goods, and food. Definitely worth a stop if visiting Couer d’Alene on a SaturdayWritten July 26, 2021
- I am an artist myself, and frequently I will go to galleries to get inspiration. The Art Spirit Gallery is a beautiful gallery. They exhibit the work well, the lighting is very good.
It is the place to be on second Fridays art walks in the summer and in the winter, music walk, when all the galleries are open featuring music. Each month they feature one or two artist, and a collection of work is on the second floor. I would highly recommend this gallery.Written September 22, 2019
- The forest drive is a great one to do. The National forest has trails and wildlife that you can see. Worth the time if you are staying around the area.Written September 29, 2019
- Fly Fishing is a must if you are on the upper St Joe River. This is beautiful, pristine and full of fishermanWritten July 11, 2021
- This library seems to have everything; dedicated areas for each family member and plenty of seating to enjoy a read while there as well as spectacular views from the lounge & patio if you go in good weather. The children have a whole area to themselves on the lower level and it is packed with everything a family could want in a library.Written February 12, 2022
- Linda and her daughter were so welcoming and eager to explain their ranch life. It was not only an informative experience, but the horse and buggy ride of their gorgeous property was breathtaking! We had a delicious steak dinner with everything homemade, right down to the bread and jam. Great evening!Written June 13, 2021
Spent about an hour in the museum, enjoyed learning the history of the area, checking out the Patty Duke exhibit and shopping local! The collection of post cards to choose from the 1940s were intriguing to the teens who selected them to send to grandparents and to those who recieved them. The staff are delightful to visit with and have so much interesting nfo to share about the artifacts! After spending time in the museum we enjoyed exploring the beautiful waterfront park; the parking fee is included with the very nominal entry cost to the Museum. The Museum is relocating to a beautiful, historic location soon - we look forward to visiting again on our next trip gorgeous Coeure d'Alene.Written May 30, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Coeur d'Alene