- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
132 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 132
What travelers are saying
- I truly enjoyed this church and would love to attend service there one day. It’s a wonderful place of God. Several presidents have been to service there. The original Priest Dodge and his wife Anna’s story and life are remarkably humbling. Read up on them before going. They are buried almost directly behind the church.
Also, there is a monument to the Wesley brothers. They preached under an oak tree that is still standing on The Christ Church grounds.Written August 5, 2022
- I loved the way this site was laid out. The markers were full of information and included cases with items found while the remains of the buildings were being excavated. It brought the stories to life being able to see actual items from the specific buildings.Written September 25, 2022
- It allowed us to learn so much new stuff about St. Simons. They have a souvenir store with t-shirts, postcards, and so much other stuff. They have extremely nice staff and good service. The walk up the stairs might be harder for some more elderly people. Around 100 steps up. The view from the top of the lighthouse is beautiful, they also have an optional small movie to learn more about the history. It also contains a small museum gallery of items and information signs. It is very interesting. Overall, I would highly pay this place a visit if you happen to be in St. Simons.Written August 19, 2022
- We loved the King and prince resort. Also visited the turtle hospital at Jekeyll Island. Exciting to see the turtle limbs repaired and them let back in ocean.
Restaurants are good, shopping wonderful. Beautiful area to enjoy.Written June 23, 2022
- A nice place for some views and fishing. You can see the ships sailing by, and people fishing, it is a good place for a little relaxation. You should stop here if you happen to pass by. It is completely free to fish on this pier. It is right near the Lighthouse Museum.Written August 19, 2022
- From the white sands and the waves glistening in the sun. This beach has a lot to offer. A vacation really needs a nice relaxing beach trip like this one. I can say that people should really pay this a visit.Written August 19, 2022
- Worth the time! If you're on St. Simon's, you must make time to see this museum. Little known aspects of how Georgia's East Coast was involved in WWII. our entire family enjoyed it.Written June 28, 2022
- I walked around the center, looked at the sculpture by Kevin Pullen of Neptune Small and Henry Lord Page King.Neptune Park is named after Neptune Small, a former slave born on St. Simons
Retreat Plantation 1831.Written August 26, 2022
- These are a scavenger hunt. They are located at different areas throughout the island. Very fun to find and see the different areasWritten September 15, 2022
- We visited here but decided not to walk the trails at you cannot take pets and the bugs were horrendous at this time. If you go take big spray! They have had a lot of rain, therefore, bugs were bad. I think it would be nice to visit October or after. They are only open 3 days a week. The man that spoke with us was so informative and we enjoyed learning and listening to him and the history.Written September 15, 2022
- Perfect place to watch the sunset on the beach access. Gof cart and car parking. Bathrooms on site. Nice area to have a lunch picnic.Written July 24, 2022
- Wished we had come a few weeks earlier as it had to be beautiful when the azaleas were in bloom. It was a nice garden to walk through the large oaks in a sunny afternoon. Glad we took the time to take a quiet walk through the gardenWritten April 9, 2022
- Here is a traveler tidbit for you: buy a ticket to this or the lighthouse and see both for only one price! We did and we were glad we took the time to see them both. The lighthouse is awesome, and then the Maritime Museum, which housed the Coast Guard for many years is also awesome. Take a walk on the beach after the Maritime Center visit, and climb up top too!Written January 20, 2016
- Epworth by river and sea is friendly and a sweet place be in quietness and learning on the discipleship of ChristianaWritten August 7, 2022
- This site commemorating the July, 1742 Battle of Bloody Marsh can be reviewed in 20 or 30 minutes, depending upon level of interest. As a history buff, I learned that Bloody Marsh on St. Simon's was the northernmost advance of the Spanish in North America.Written October 17, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint Simons Island
- The most popular things to do in Saint Simons Island with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Kids Fishing Billy Bee Charters
- Coastal Backwater Adventures
- Island Lure Charters
- Georgia Saltwater Adventures
- Cap Fendig Tours