- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
83 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 83
What travelers are saying
- This was much better than I expected. I figured it would be a good place for kids, but me and my husband enjoyed it. The tour was informative, our guide was fun, and we were surprised at the end of the tour that we actually got to pan for gold. Definitely recommend.Written July 18, 2022
- This is our favorite winery in Dahlonega and we recently got another chance to visit as part of the DSH Wine Tour we did. The views are amazing, the wine is excellent and the staff is great. Luke was our server (and a sommelier) and he was fantastic. We each did a flight and enjoyed talking with him and the other guests. Their wine is great but they are one of the few that do a really good sparkling wine as well. The Blanc de Blancs and the Reserve Cuvee are great and we picked up a few bottles for our cellar back in ATL. I highly recommend this winery and we'll be back!Written July 28, 2022
- I took my 7-year-old daughter here. We did not do the cave tour, but we did get a 3-gallon bucket for her to mine through for gems. It was $30 and the gift shop was amazing they have just about anything you could ask for gem wise. She had a blast, and they even had a geode bust for $10 where she could bust it right there. The cave tour was $22. I would recommend this for all ages. The staff were amazing as well.Written August 2, 2022
- Spent a couple of days in Dahlonega just to get away for a while. If you enjoy history this is a must see. Very interesting displays and informative video.Written August 6, 2022
- Having been to most of the wineries in the Dahlonega area, this is our favorite! My wife and I came here on a Thursday afternoon and mostly had the place to ourselves. Huge difference from a year earlier when we came during a GA Bulldog game Saturday and it was standing room only. This was perfect and we sat outside on the back patio overlooking the farm. We each ordered a tasting and would go up to the counter each time for the next pour. The guy really didn't know much about wine but he was very friendly. We also ordered a soft pretzel and an order of popcorn which were great. We had a great time watching nature and tasting the wines. We also walked out back to see the donkeys which is always fun. We will definitely be back, be sure to try Cavender.Written July 27, 2022
- This is a nice venue with really pretty views and we recently came here again as part of the DSH Wine Tour.. Having been to every winery in Dahlonega I can say we like the facility and the people are nice, but the wine is simply not on par with the other wineries. I was glad they also sell craft beer as a result. We did enjoy sitting on the open patio and the fact that they are dog friendly made the trip worth while.Written July 28, 2022
- We visited Frogtown as part of our Women’s Wine Weekend. After reading reviews here and on Yelp, I added them to our itinerary about three weeks prior to our trip. The night before going on a trip, I always check reviews to make sure nothing has changed. I was shocked by some of the things being said in some of the latest reviews. So much so, I actually thought about removing them from our itinerary!
However, I decided we would go as
planned. I am so glad we did! We had a great time from the moment we arrived! After parking, we caught a ride on tractor pulling a trailer with chairs. We were promptly and pleasantly greeted before being taken to our table with a great view where enjoyed amazing pizza & salad. While the wine was not to our liking (we prefer sweeter wines), the courteous and attentive staff made this a nice visit even with the table behind us who were loud and obviously enjoyed the wine more than us!
I would recommend visiting Frogtown and would definitely return just for the pizza & salad!Written May 9, 2022
- The Winery is great for scenic photographs. We ate there and things were a bit on the expensive side but overall, very good. The samplers of wine were about $26 each but it was only 3 glasses. The staff was wonderful and frequented our table very regularly to make sure any of our needs were addressed. Staff and quality were great, but overall a bit pricey.Written May 19, 2021
- This is more of a walk than a hike but it’s a beautiful walk. You follow the edge of the lake. Cross over a few streams. Great way to spend a few hours in nature.Written December 31, 2020
- It is a quant little place to visit. If you are looking for a sophisticated place, you'll be disappointed. However, the folks there are friendly. It is a very enjoyable place to walk around and visit with a variety of animals. They are a joy to feed too, especially the bison who will stick its tongue out for you to put food on it. It's not a fancy place, but that is not what we were looking for. It makes for a nice time.Written November 6, 2021
- We had the most amazing encounter today with the birds of prey. Thank you to Buster, Jill, and Damon for their generous sharing of knowledge and their marvelous handling of the owls and falcons we had the privilege to meet. These birds are truly extraordinary, and to have such an up close and personal experience was a treat we shall not soon forget. We’ve learned so much about falconry, and its relationship to hunting, sporting, and conservation. Bravo and thank you!Written August 7, 2022
- Another outstanding visit. My wife and i dropped in on a Thursday evening and were able to find a couple spots at the bar. It was fairly lively and their deck overlooking the river was packed. We think of all the wineries in Dahlonega this place has the best wine hands down. They import lots of their grapes from California and then make the wine locally so they dont have a vineyard but they do have a very fun place with some beautiful outdoor seating as well. Erica the manager was there and her knowledge of wine is amazing. We enjoyed catching up with her and trying several tastings. They have a red called Underdog that is amazing - so much so we had to buy a case on the way out for our cellar back home in ATL. The artwork is also spectacular. Do not miss this place, it is amazing and only a couple minutes drive from the square.Written July 27, 2022
- This is true Entertainment, one that leaves an everlasting memory. My Daughters and I had a wonderful time seeing Guys and Dolls at the Holly Theatre in Dahlonega. I am hooked.Written July 4, 2022
- This is a great waterfall for people who aren't able to hike very far. Good swimming in the summer time.Written May 4, 2022
- Wonderful service, wine and food. Please reconsider your choice of music! Scenery and atmosphere reminded me of Tuscany.Written May 8, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Dahlonega