- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- I did a back to back with Don the last two days of Snook season. The winds, the tides, the moon all signaled rough fishing. Don was very honest and told me it would be tough. Don worked at it, fought through the conditions and we caught good fish both days. I fish the inlet, Vero, and Fort Pierce a lot. I recognize a lot of the other Captains and boats. I saw most boats, with good experienced Captains, coming up with zeroes. I have fished with Don many times and every time he works hard and never gives up, he is the most tenacious charter captain with an infectious positive attitude. How did we do ? We did not see anyone else boat a slot snook, but our family had a snook dinner , solely by virtue of Don's never give up spirit, and experience in the local waters. He works hard and knows his business. I fish in a lot of different waters, if you want the best recommend you go with this Don and his positive, persistent, and patient approach.Written March 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We rented a pontoon boat one day and a cabana the next day. The staff at Vero Tackle was excellent. They communicated all needed information and were available to answer questions. The rental process for both the boat and the cabana was easy. We will definitely use Vero Tackle in the future.Written November 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every year photographers descend on Blue Cypress Lake for its plentiful opportunities to capture shots of Ospreys as the lake attracts a dense population during nesting season. Fishermen and landscape photographers enjoy the peaceful and serene setting throughout the year. This year I decided to return for the Florida mullet run along the coastline and inlets, booked through Middleton Fish Camp. As many wildlife photographers know, nature doesn’t always cooperate and oddly, the large schools of migrating mullet disappeared the weekend I arrived. During my previous visits to the lake and through conversations with Roy Bass, I knew there were owls at the lake, so knowing the mullet run was likely not to deliver results, we decided to change the plan and try to photograph owls. Roy was extremely accommodating, especially since he had to switch out boats that were no longer in the water.
Honestly, my expectation was set fairly low. I would have been happy to photography an owl on a tree branch, which would probably be surrounded by dense vegetation. I would have called it a ‘win’ if I could get just one good shot. As it turned out, Roy was able to find three pairs of Barred owls, positioning us for great flight shot opportunities, and navigating the boat into areas where the owls were in open view in a stunning Cypress trees and Spanish Moss setting. I was more than delighted to capture these beautiful birds in photographs, and equally delighted I was able to video them so closely.
I continue to recommend this lake for those trying to capture images of Ospreys but equally, don’t miss out on the opportunity to photograph the owls. They are the best kept secret of the lake.Written October 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My son and I went to Vero for his 16th birthday and spent two day with Capt. Sam. Had a great time fishing and learning about the area. Sam is very passionate and knowledgeable about the local fisheries and environment. We spent the first day inshore and we hooked up on quite a few including my son catching a nice Tarpon. The second day we spend offshore and had a blast catching a large Mahi and a beautiful Sailfish. The Tarpon and Sailfish were on my son's bucket list for his birthday and I really could not tell who was more excited - my son or Sam. It was obvious Sam loves what he does and really wanted us to have the best experience possible. Can't recommend him enough!!Written November 15, 2021
- Captain Paul was amazing he had a lot of knowledge and very helpful when it came to fishing. Will definitely go back out with him he made it fun and had us laughing the whole timeWritten May 22, 2022
- Captain Scott is first class. This is our 8th charter with Capt Scott and his boat Green Thunder. We caught gator trout, ladyfish, snook, mangrove snapper and a few puffer fish. Capt Scott knows the Indian River Lagoon like the back of his hand, and knows where and as importantly WHEN to fish. His insight into the impact of weather and current conditions was critical in landing our gator trout and we learned how big fish “move” bait from their spawning area was uncanny. You can’t get a better mix of talent, ecological knowledge and easy going personality that works for the experienced as well as beginners! He will exceed expectations!Written March 19, 2019
- Larry was fantastic. Really nice family guy with a dry sense of humor and super helpful. He helped my 12 year old clean his fish after the trip and we cooked them up at Riverside Cafe...something my youngest will remember for a long time (especially considering it was Larry and not me telling him how to filer a fish).Written April 3, 2019
- Captain mark is amazing. Had a wonderful time on the water today. He is patient, kind and knowledgeable. He put the bait on the hook and taught me how to catch the fish. If you get the opportunity and want to have a great time call captain mark😃Written June 11, 2021
- Can’t even tell you what an amazing time we had on our day with Captan Tim Wake. Learned so much about the Indian River Lagoon, the type of fish in the area, and of course how to reel in a big one without falling off a boat! Good times, clean boat, great captain, and fantastic fish! Highly recommend!Written February 12, 2022
- We had a great time out with Eric today fishing. We caught lots of fish and saw a while school of sharks. He’s a great guide.Written December 30, 2021
- Scheduled a fishing excursion with Capt Eric during a week long family reunion in Vero for our party of 10. Eric graciously scheduled Capt Paul of 'Just Bumminit', and our trip was spectacular! We had a small wager between the kids/young adults on one boat, and the parents/grandparent on the other, and am happy to say the adults won! We had the winning tally of 70 fish caught, and 9 different species. Additionally, we were able to observe 2 dolphin as well.
Overall a very successful trip, and a fantastic value! We will definitely contact Capt's Eric and Paul on future visits to the area.Written July 26, 2020
- This gentleman knows customer service and spends the time with people they deserve. I am proud to say he deserves a 6 star review!!
Use this service and you won't be disappointed.Written January 26, 2018
- I have guided for over 20 years in Alaska and have also used guides in Florida, The Bahamas, Mexico and Costa Rico so I know a great guide when I go out with one and believe me Steve is great. The conditions where tough, wind and mucked up water, and I only wanted to fly fish which put me at a disadvantage over using live bait. But Steve stuck with me and put me on a lot of fish. But the true test of a guide is whether at the end of the day you feel like you want to come back (or perhaps never leave) and on both of the days I got to fish with Steve I was reluctant to get off his boat and I will hopefully be coming back many times in the future.Written November 21, 2017