Top Attractions in Venice
What travelers are saying
- you gotta go! a real florida thing. didn't find any teeth but didn't look that hard. was totally overwhelmed by the amount of people into it. there were serious people with all the gear and 1st timers all working the beach. the water is still a bit chilly for me but there were people waist and chest deep, 'shoveling' in the surf line.Written January 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Calming,to say the least, a view that every beach goer should be able to have even if just once in a lifetime. From the peacefulness of a beach chair to an exhilarating sunset, from a cold one at the tiki hut to a happy hour at Finn’s no zero zilch times are to be had.Written February 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- great place to watch the sunset, heartbreaking to see the pelicans tied up in fishing line....cheap and mid range eats close byWritten February 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are down from Michigan and brought our dog Maggie for her first road trip.
We’ve been to lots of dog parks and this one is incredible!
Lots of parking, restrooms are available and a beautiful clean beach. It was like doggie heaven with well behaved dogs running around and frolicking into the ocean.
What a wonderful experience!Written January 12, 2023
- Amish family market at its finest. A 40 minute drive for me but I go once a week. They now have multiple sites in Sarasota County. The Venice store is full of friendly people. As far as quality I thought Publix was pretty decent as far as great meats, etc. But then I found Detwilers. They source locally and from small farms throughout US. Whether it’s meats, deli, seafood or veggies or bakery, all of it is top qaulity. Trust me you will like it.Written February 5, 2023
- I just wanted to relax and have dinner with a sunset view and I got exactly that on this visit. I ordered the lobster roll which was average but I live on the east coast. The margaritas were reasonable but the view was great.Written November 21, 2022
- We have renewed our membership each year with this theatre group because we have not been disappointed yet with any of their productions. For a local theatre group they have continuely put on an array of excellent shows.Written July 1, 2022
- Great location to rent a kayak, paddle along the Myakka River, take in the sights of nature, then have lunch at the Snook Haven restaurant. Hope this helps with your first visit.Written October 21, 2021
- Could be the greatest show in Venice! If you love birds and wildlife this could be the highlight of your Winter/Spring visit to the area. From December through summer there are many Great Blue Herons, Anhinga, Great Egrets, Cormorants, and lots of other birds mateing, building nests, lay eggs and raising chick on the island just 75 feet across the pond. I've never seen anything quite so intriguing and beautiful. I love coming one hour before sunset to watch all the nesting birds settle down while an additional 100 or more ibis and herons may join them to overnight. Then just minutes after sunset watch the bats leave the bat houses for a night of insect hunting. This is often a good place to see an alligator too. There are often greaters and docents and some Friday evenings there is a narrated hike around the pond.Written January 9, 2023
- so many shops to visit, some prices good, some quite pricey, love to look at the mermaid and seahorse statues dotted along the main dragWritten February 4, 2023
- Really enjoyed our return trip. We were here a few years ago and it never disappoints. This time there were several nesting species and we got to see several fledglings.
Then to the end of the trip, we had a mother mallard bring her brood of eight right past the pavilion and around the pond to the smaller pond behind the church. It really made our day.
Be sure to bring binoculars or a camera with a really good lens (or both). You won't be disappointed.Written April 4, 2022
- this place is a must. For sunset especially, very very nice. It's really cool to sit on the park bench too, and watch what is in the ocean. A big variety. Sharks, dolphines big time.Written August 1, 2022
- We rode our bikes along the intracoastal waterway on a pleasant Sunday afternoon. We accessed the trail from Patriots Park in Venice, rode a few hundred feet down the street and hopped on at the pedestrian bridge. Officially, we were on the Legacy trail headed south until we arrived at the train depot, then continued south from there on the Venician waterway. Surprisingly, there weren’t lots of people. The trail is concrete and passes several parks before looping at the end. A nice pleasant trail with no street crossings.Written April 19, 2021
- The Venice Train Depot is part of Venice's history. It is no longer an active train station - but rather serves as a bus stop. There are signs that explains the history of the train station. The tours are currently not being held due to COVID. There is a train-themed playground on the grounds. We were there during the week and there was ample parking. The Legacy Trail goes by next to the train station. We walked over to the boat launch which is on the other side of the trail to watch the boats go by. A nice place to stop and relax. It is free.Written October 28, 2020
- There is a good collection of many different cars here and they welcome you to come and browse. It was a great way to spend about an hour and it feels more like a museum than a sales floor - no pressure or interruptions, but they will answer any questions you might have.Written January 29, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Venice
Venice Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 9:18 PM|