Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in Tallahassee
What travelers are saying
- We enjoyed our time there once we found it. The GPS sent us to live oak island. Since we are from out of town, we did not realize it until we waisted over an hour looking for the place. We finally programmed st mark’s lighthouse. We were 25 minutes away from that location. Needless to say, we spent a good part of the day once we got there but we wanted to get there in the morning. If you use the GPS to get there indicate you are going to st. Mark’s lighthouse and you will be fine.Written May 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent a couple of hours here on our way to the airport and probably could have stayed the whole day and not seen everything! Very cool collection of cars and then the assorted specialty collections of toys, sports memorabilia, pianos, motorcycles, Batman, everything you can imagine. Set aside a full day to enjoy this great treasure.Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful campus. Brick buildings and walking paths. Best part is the gorgeous trees. Providing needed shade for a hot summer day.Written July 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice exhibits, and historical information on the state of Florida. Nice animal farm and the cafe on site was great.Written August 15, 2022
- This is a very nice park for walking around and just to get outside. Take your mosquito repellant. The main highlight is the reflecting pool with a view of the lake. It was closed off for a wedding the day we went. If you wait long enough they will open it up. A lot of beautiful spots for photography. I would have stayed longer but it was too hot. My kid was bored, no playgrounds.Written August 1, 2022
- Went here with a travel group and enjoyed it very much. It was all reconstructed and I thought they’d done an extraordinary job. I loved that they had people dressed in period costume.
The young priest was especially friendly and eager to discuss anything asked of him. Some of the others were okay. One of the young ladies I found not to be friendly at all when I’d asked her a question.
They had a gift shop that was more on the artistic side that was really nice.Written February 18, 2022
- Amazing Museum about the history of Florida. We had a few hours to explore Tallahassee with my college bound daughter and her friend. My daughter and I are history buffs so we thought it would be fun to go here. We first thought is was a cute and “hokey” museum, but we soon were totally immersed by the amazing displays with in depth look at the various periods of Florida and National History. Staff were very knowledge and gave deeper explanations if you asked questions. We spent only about 90 minutes because of our schedule, but we could have easily spent several hours! The museum and parking are all free for visitors. If you like history, do not pass this museum up!Written July 12, 2022
- This has become my new running spot, coffee spot, juice spot, and dining spot. The park consists of 26 acres and the entire perimeter is just over 1 mile in length with a beautiful concrete trail to run along or walk along. It also has an amazing restaurant, The Edison Restaurant, that was originally a coal burning power plant that powered the city of Tallahassee during the early days. The park is very rich in history. It is where the first settlers of the territory of Florida met to form their own State. The park has lots of plaques with information about the history along the 1 mile path. This is a must see if you’re in Tallahassee. It’s also a great place to stay overnight. The AC Marriott Hotel sits inside the park and it is arguably the best hotel in the City.Written July 30, 2022
- This was beautiful location. Only sad part is the inside was closed because of Covid. Would loved to have gone inside. Even the gift store at visitor store was closed -been this way for over 2 years. When all other businesses are opening so should this park. Still worth drive to check this out.Written April 14, 2022
- After visiting the new capitol it was real cool to step back in history by walking in the old capitol. The information in the Capitol was very informative.Written April 28, 2022
- A gem in Tallahassee. A very informative tour by our guide Nancy. Worth the two hours it took to walk through the house. It’s on par with the Newport mansions.Written January 12, 2022
- We stayed one night in a hotel within walking distance. Very cool area. I took 58 pictures of different murals. There are so many and nicely painted. Worth seeing. The shops are nice too.Written July 10, 2022
- This is one of Tallahassee's best kept secrets. Actually, it feels like the Secret Garden. This park + garden is full of charm and beauty. It's a wonderful spot for a peaceful picnic to escape the busy city. Spring or early summer are my favorite time to stop in.Written February 8, 2021
- It was a gorgeous day in the panhandle departing Tallahassee the child quickly lifted and I found myself halfway to Saint Marks.
With an ear full of the Brothers Osborne, I found myself peacefully surrounded by what was old Florida! And while little his changed is definitely worth your time to take in the beauty and peacefulness that is North Florida Apalachicola natural forest and it’s Saint Marks Trail.Written December 4, 2020
- Bread is bad for ducks, frozen peas are available for under $1 at Aldies and are much healthier for the ducks. Oats, carrots, and unsalted nuts are other healthy alternatives to bread. This spot is a nice place to relax and spend a day looking at the ducks, turtles, and cute shops and cafes surrounding it.Written May 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tallahassee
- The most popular things to do in Tallahassee with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Florida State University
- St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge
- Museum of Florida History
- Mission San Luis de Apalachee
- Tallahassee Antique Car Museum