- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Pretty nice course, well maintained. Little pricey but worth it for a special golf outing. Lots of different looks on this course and well designed. A bogey, double bogey golfer could play here…it’s suited for all levels but wouldn’t bring a beginner here. The staff grabs your clubs at bag drop off and loads them in cart. They do the reverse when you’re done to include wiping down your clubs. They have a beer and snack truck circulating the course (also pricey…$60 for 5 beers, 3 hotdogs and a bag of chips). Would golf here again.Written October 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent value. Course was in great shape. Staff including shuttle driver and pro shop were very friendly. There wasn’t a beverage cart late in the day on Thursday- 4pm tee time.Written July 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was listening to a golf podcast and it was stated that “St. John’s Golf and Country Club has never disappointed guests when recommending one course from the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area” so thought I would play it next time in the area.
And Glad I did!!
Very good course and round only took two hours and forty five minutes. The Blues were perfect distance for me and did not feel long at all and they have four other sets of tees too!
Great fairways defined with rough that will definitely make you pay where off fairway or off green as some times you had to be over ball to see it especially by the greens.
Picturesque course with a “moat” between some houses and the course.
The greens rolled terrifically!
Fun tree lined course with some carries over water.
A fun and good course at a good rate!
Enjoy St. Johns Golf and Country Club!Written October 24, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very interesting, hand sanitizer readily available. You can walk through at your leisure. Loved the Bob Hope exhibition.Written October 2, 2020
- Fun & unexpected hidden gem! I went to this place with a group of friends on a whim and was blown away! The course is lined with an impressive array of well kept tropical plants and a huge koi pond/river with lots of live fish. We even spotted a fruiting mango tree!
The holes themselves are pretty creative, if a little worn. There’s some mountain climbing involved as you get to the final hole, which was very fun! I docked one star because we had trouble with hole 17 - the ball got stuck in one of the tubes running down the “mountain”. At any rate, this is a great place for family, friends, and couples! It’s open til 10am and they have beer, which also makes it fun for adults.Written April 6, 2022
- Played here on a recent Saturday morning for the first time. Nice layout with multiple tee choices and variety of shot making needed. Staff is very courteous and professional. Great practice facilities including driving range, chipping green, and separate putting green. Course is in good condition. Would love to play again once it "greens" up after the winter.Written February 17, 2019
- Make sure you can hit a straight drive as the course is very unforgiving, lots of water and trees/swamp areas. Great staff, good bar, food was very nice. Overall good value for money, just remember to take plenty of ballsWritten March 28, 2022
- Played in April. Fairways green with some bare areas (just like the greens). I liked the layout; several water carries and doglegs. Don't come expecting Augusta National; c'mon, for what you pay, it's just fine. Very convenient, too; just off Hwy. 1. Don't turn on Shore Ave.; the turn is at Shores Blvd.!Written April 25, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Augustine
- These experiences are best for golf courses in St. Augustine:
- Historic District Wine & Dine Culinary Tour - Chauffeured
- Private Guided Historical Tour of St. Augustine: Step back in time with pastime
- The Last Ride Private Golf Cart Ghost Tour
- St Augustine Shared Golf Cart Tour
- Nights of Lights Private Golf Cart Tour for up to 5 people!