- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
49 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 49
What travelers are saying
- One of my favorite places to photograph in Florida. Beautiful landscape. You do have to traverse dirt roads but they are well maintained and you can easily find places to pull over as traffic is minimal. I’ve been lucky enough to shoot Crested Caracaras, Red-shouldered Hawks, Deer, Eastern Meadowlarks, Grackles, Robins, and River Otters. Unlike other wildlife areas in Florida, such as Apopka Wildlife Drive or Merritt Island NWR, there are very few people wandering the area. I’ve had times where I didn’t see anybody (except a few vehicles heading to/from the camping area), which is nice when trying to photograph.
Enjoy!Written February 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spent about 3 hours hiking around the area. Saw 2 big alligators and tons of birds. We only completed the smaller loop and it still took almost 3 hours. Great walking trails with lots of wildlife.Written February 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First visit to this casino was a pleasant surprise. Terrific variety of slot machines and many were $1 and under. Was hoping to find Let it Ride table game; slight disappointment. Extremely friendly and efficient staff. As a former smoker I was pleasantly surprised at the air in the casino- must have installed excellent filtering system. Had lunch at Josiahs and thoughtfully enjoyed the experience. We were both surprised at the menu variety; another pleasant surprise. Will definitely returnWritten April 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So, my husband and I went yesterday. Drove 3 hours to get there. Could not find the owner, was told to knock on his girlfriends house which is the second to last house. It was $60.00 an adult but he will work with ya on price.Written August 26, 2020
- Nice flea market. Did a weekend trip to visit friends in the area. Had great weather . Anice area to visit.Written January 13, 2019
- Great quick outing if you're hunting for some interesting little trinkets. Nicely laid-out with a good variety of offerings from the vendors. My son found a ziplock bag of Lego Mini-figures and with being a HUGE Lego fan, this was like winning a million bucks for him.Written January 30, 2019
- This was a surprisingly interesting visit. They have a large parking lot here with bathrooms, but the main attraction is the pier that juts out from the northern edge of Lake Okeechobee. I'm sure this Park can be packed on nice warm weekends, but on the morning that I visited (sunny, windy, and cold - in the 50s) there weren't many people here at all.
Another attraction just above the park (high atop the dike / levee) is the Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail. It goes completely around the Lake (105 miles), and at this part it's wide and asphalt-paved for many miles.Written December 25, 2019
- ....and took a little detour to check it out. There is really nothing there but a tiny pavilion and a bathroom.Written March 31, 2019
- Saturday, July 23rd was my 3rd trip fishing with Capt. Nate Shellen... what a great day! My friend Bob and I caught over 30 bass from 1 to 5+ pounds! Headwaters Lake never disappoints, especially with the experience that Capt. Nate has. He put us on the fish within minutes of getting to the first spot! I cant wait to book a spring trip with Nate! without hesitation, Headwaters Lake in Felsmere with Capt. Nate will be your best fishing trip! EPIC!Written July 25, 2022
- Had a pleasant two hour ride through the preserve with Michelle, Bill and Denise. Our guides were informative, very helpful and very patient with someone who has not been on a horse in over 60 years.Written March 18, 2022
- Our family reserved a day with Captain Scott, since our group was large they worked it out to take 2 boats. Our daughter is autistic, so our requests were very specific. Capt Scott and his wife arranged our requests. Unfortunately, the following day the other captain's boat was unable to make it. Captain Scott arranged it to comply with our needs so our daughter was able to go out to her comfort. Our daughter backed out at the last minute as she often does. We were impressed with how flexible they were with us, while making this trip a great memory. Our son had a great day of fishing, we made great memories with the other kids. We would highly recommend Captain Scott/Just4Bass!Written March 7, 2022
- Couldn’t ask for a better tour guide than Jason. He was friendly & knowledgeable. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride, never felt uncomfortable. Had a wonderful time.
Highly recommend.Written February 10, 2022
- While we didn’t escape Al Capone, Ben was a great addition as the interactive actor that made the experience memorableWritten May 10, 2021
- Our favorite part was the person driving that air boat! You can ask captain Dennis anything about gators & he knows the answers! Smart, funny & just a cool guy! Anytime someone comes from the north we take them on airboat ride with Captain Dennis! And we will continue to go back! He’s only 45 mins away! So worth it!Written April 22, 2022
- My brother has never hunted before and we booked a buggy and dog hunt. Our guide, Blaine, was AWESOME! Extremely friendly, worked the dogs great, fully met our expectations. He worked VERY hard to get me the hog I wanted but I decided to take a great eating size hog with my knife. My brother took a nice hog with his .308 at 10yds coming at him and dropped her in her tracks. He did a great job on prepping our meat for the ride home. We will be back!!!Written May 8, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Okeechobee
- The best outdoor activities in Okeechobee according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park
- Taylor Creek Stormwater Treatment Area Trailead
- Florida Cycle Park