Top Attractions in Ocala
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- My wife and I have vacationed in Florida for over 10 years. Gypsy Gold Farm is the absolute best $40 to $45 (each) attraction we have ever attended. To start our tour, we thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful talk by farm owner, Dennis, that was entertaining, informative and at times funny. Then we were lead by a nice, young lady to meet the "stars", the beautiful Gypsy Vanners, on a short, but informative walking tour. We took many pics that we will treasure forever and enjoyed feeding our carrots to these wonderful creatures. If you are anywhere near Ocala, Florida, DO NOT MISS the Gypsy Gold Farm!!Written November 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an amazing museum.Here is the entire history of drag racing in one gigantic building, hundreds of cars, rails and funny cars, engines and even the trophies.. All the great drivers and their cars are showcased, from the very beginning with the primitive Bug and very first Swamp Rat. Shirley, the Snake, the Mongoose and Force are all here along with Don's garage and Smokey Yunick's replica shop. Every display has a detailed story and history. But don't miss the short movies, especially the one with the benches in a corner. Garlits is not just the greatest drag racing legend, he is also a great story teller. And now in his 90s, he is frequently around this wonderful monument. Even if you are nor a drag racing fan, you will be in jaw-dropping awe when you pass through the door. Easy parking and a great gift shop with autographed memorabilia, too. Reasonably priced. No race fan should miss this place, an easy 90-minute drive from Daytona International Speedway. Make sure you plan to stay for at least two hours. Lots of restaurants nearby.Written November 6, 2022
- I'm going to make it simple for you. I'm 67 w bad knees. I took my aunt and uncle, ages 87 and 93 and my daughter age 27 on this tour last year when Uncle visited. Comfortable van to get in and out of and sight see. In my opinion you need to be "mobile" to some extent. We did walk some but not far at all....any. There seemed to always be somewhere to sit. The tour is EXCELLENT. My own family is in horses and I ALSO enjoyed it thoroughly and was not bored. The tour person driving our group of 4 in the big van was a lady and she was very warm, talkative and full of information to share and also answer questions. The farms and pastures, barns and horses were just fabulous and my native Texan relatives absolutely were thrilled with this tour. A (very) little walking so they were "included" totally but regular resting in the van moving from farm to farm on country roads, and the chairs in random places. You'll be ok. It's absolutely worth the money. All ages......cept easily bored kids. Give them a video game.Written December 4, 2022
- I found the park solemn and relaxing. The walking paths allow reflection. Helen and I spent 2 meaningful hours enjoying the park and the ambiance.Written December 2, 2022
- They are doing renovations and improving the park. Hiking trails and kayaking in the springs. We got to see so many animals and three manateesWritten October 11, 2022
- Nice art Exhibits. Recommend. Extra programs here now and then. Close to Silver Springs. Reasonable Cost.Written June 11, 2022
- The trail is beautiful. We rode our e-bikes for miles and miles it was a great experience, and the scenery is breathtaking.Written May 4, 2022
- This was a wonderful treat. the food is utterly amazing. Everything is served beautifully and the taste is incredible. This is a great place to go for a birthday and anniversary. They even make your table up special if you tell them. You MUST make reservations and this is a more "dress up" type of restaurant...no shorts and sandals etc. I can't wait to go back again. Deserts are incredible too. I would highly recommend the Osso Buco The taste is so great and it melts in your mouth! The place is not a "cheap eats" but you get amazing service and food. Oh and they have wine all over the place :) I don't drink so I can't advise on thatWritten October 11, 2022
- Glass bottom boat was every bit as enjoyable as it was 50 years ago. The park is pristine. Would have like to do the longer tour and paddle board but next time for sure.Written August 2, 2022
- Check out the square after a Saturday morning visit to the nearby Farmers Market. There is a nice variety of restaurants to stop and enjoy lunch at.Written May 3, 2021
- Great spot for families. We went on a Wednesday and got there mid morning, there was barely anyone swimming. Lots of picnic tables and places to hang a hammock. We took one do the trails to go see the other spring (about a 10 minute walk). We left around lunch time and by that point there were only a few more families swimming. The water is cold, so be ready to jump in!
The only down side is the admission price, for 2 adults and a toddler we paid $20. It’s a buck or two cheaper on weekdays.Written July 3, 2022
- I lived on the 40 acres in front of the property and used to go to the springs
Before it was developed. Even though I was a certified diver an expert swimmer I never took the chance.Written April 10, 2021
- So much to see, do and photograph after the cattle drive from downtown Ocala on 2-12-22. The cattle drive ended in Tuscawilla Park but the festivities continued.
Farm animals to see and pet, food trucks, live entertainment, activities and the usual, but appreciated, feathered friends to take photos ofWritten February 13, 2022
- Broadway in the springs. Just went to “forever Patsy Cline”. Great production. High production values. Excellent band and wonderful performers. Top notch facility. Lots of volunteers. Must be a gem for the community. Highly recommended. Price is very reasonable.Written February 20, 2020
- Winemaking class was fun and educational. Staff was great, we really enjoyed our night. Good location in downtown Ocala.Written January 28, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ocala
Ocala Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 4:54 PM|