- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
35 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travelers are saying
- I like her colorful, sparkly work and own several pieces. It's someplace I always take friends and family when they're in town because it's local and different. (I try to overlook the Trump stuff, seeing how everyone is entitled to their own opinion) The garden is fun for a quick visit.
She offers her work in many different sizes and styles so that it's affordable depending on your price range.
Check out the fire house, on the south side of Pine Island Road, as you head out of Matlacha towards the East. Her works are featured below each window on the sherbet colored building.Written September 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I had eaten at the Blue Dog and decided to stop here and walk around. Even in the off-season, the park was busy.
The park is very nice and clean, with no litter or problems. It was quite peaceful and there was a lot of parking available.Written April 3, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you're visiting Matlacha Island, stop here to see the Bat House and watch the fisherman on the bridge. The fishermen were cleaning their fish and throwing the leftovers to the pelicans.Written April 3, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed our sunset sightseeing tour with Capt. Rick. He was knowledgeable about wildlife (including local hotspots...) as well as the general area. Handicap accessible, too. Perfect mix of commentary and quiet.Written October 20, 2013
- Had an absolutely great time. Learned a lot about fishing and had a very sociable guide Mike who really made the trip interesting. This is shortly after the hurricane hit Fort Myers. They have done a great job of recovering after this disastrous situation. I also caught some fish that we did catch and release and learned a number of fishing techniques.Written December 1, 2022
- This guy is top knotch, it doesn't get any better. He will do whatever it takes to put you on fish and make sure you have a great day. Dayron made it feel like I had known him for years, he was beyond friendly, patient and super knowledgeable about the area. I highly recommend him and we will be going out with him again.Written July 27, 2022
- Captain Anthony went above and beyond for a fantastic day crushin it fishing! We caught redfish, sea trout, jacks, and an abundance of snook. Every spot we went we caught. The boat has a smooth ride, and the minn kota in the bow kept us positioned on the exact coordinates to keep catching, really cool technology. Already looking forward to our next trip. Thanks Captain Anthony!Written November 1, 2022
- Captain Cathy gave us the perfect experience! She was very knowledgeable of the area and the wildlife! The boat was perfect and smooth. She was able to call in many dolphins, they enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed seeing them! We did encounter a mom and her baby, Cathy was very respectful of their area and did not disturb them. We had a party of 5 yesterday and there was plenty of room. This was the best dolphin tour we've ever had! Don't pass up the chance to book with Captain Cathy!Written August 20, 2022
- Delicious ice cream and candy! The chocolate covered twinkie and smore were so different, what a treat. We also bought the chocolate drizzled carmel popcorn, just devine!! The tastiest and most refreshing item was the toasted coconut ice cream. I cannot pick a favorite!! Try it, you will be glad you did.Written September 6, 2022
- I had family visiting from Chicago. Not the outdoor type to be honest but I knew from a previous experience with Carmen’s Kayaks that they would so enjoy the laid back, casual experience of a eco tour with Carmen. What makes Carmen’s Kayak tours so special is that they are private! Carmen quickly bonds with both parents and kids. Although the family had never been in a kayak before, Carmen had them comfortable and smiling within five minutes. Two hours later back at the launch site everyone was raving about the experience. Do yourself and your family a favor and treat them to a unique, fun and educational experience in the Matlacha waterway with Carmen’s Kayaks.Written May 27, 2021
- This was a fantastic experience with my family! The captain is so nice and provided all of us with an unbelievable ride in Matlacha. There were many highlights; seeing the manatees, stingrays and dolphins to name a few! I highly recommend!! If I can give more ⭐️’s… we would!Written March 31, 2022
- After riding in Venice on a two hour bike hike, Bert’s is what the doctor ordered. Sitting outside on the deck is the place to be in dry weather. Food is very good bar food; service is pleasant, polite and timely.
We had house made chips; Triple Tail bites, Onion Rings and chowdah. All quite good and affordable. Two beers a piece and the aforementioned items were about $40. Our waitress earned her $10 tip.
A little one man steel drum musical karaoke and the setting and experience was just what the doctor ordered.Written April 3, 2021
- Several artists, mostly local, had items for purchase in Wild Child. The garden area in back is nice. There is everything from jewelry to paintings to metal and other types of art here..Written May 15, 2022
- This is a combo gift shop, artist gallery and T-shirt shop for Bert’s bar. It’s not anything special but does have a cute photo op with a mr & Mrs tropical couple face cut out.Written February 25, 2022
- We’ve had several successful days with Tim as our guide, but today was the best day of all! With four people in our party, among all the catches were large Cobia, sea trout and snook, with a flounder thrown in. His skill and experience gets us on the fish. Highly recommend this outstanding Captain who knows the local waters!Written May 5, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Matlacha
Matlacha Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 5:03 AM|