- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
7 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- It takes about 1/2 day to go through the place including lunch at the Back Porch Cafe. This is a little cafe where you can eat inside or outside by the water. We were recently there two times & ate outside. I go bitten by Golden Flies which leave a big red lump & are extremely itchy for days. I assume they are attracted to the water & fly up to the food. If you eat outside make sure you have long pants. Otherwise, eat inside. The little lunch comes in a basket which is a sandwich, soup, salad & dessert, a drink is extra but is minimally priced. Lunch is around $8 with average portions for the price. The place has sectioned off rooms with a theme. One for babies, one for Christmas, one for jewelry & it isn't all antiques. There is something for everyone. What a nice way to spend the day.Written June 15, 2021
- SOOOO MUCH STUFF! Really nice variety. The 2 little older ladies were so nice. Then we went outside to the plant section and were amazed. A real hidden gem in the small town of Lake Alfred.Written February 27, 2020
- I attended a wedding on the grounds and it was such a pretty place.The rhododendron was in bloom. The building itself was perfect for a small reception. I think there were approximately 60 guests. It has a real rustic charm.Written July 27, 2016
- Don't miss this wonderful small town business named Thrifty Chix and don't let its name fool you either into thinking it is just another run-of-the-mill thrift store. It is anything but that. Store owner Angela has her store filled with wonderful and beautiful antiques at great prices and some lovely collectibles too. Mixes in with the antiques and collectibles are also some very, very nice thrift store type items that are in excellent conditions. The prices in this store will amaze you and you will not be able to resist buying and taking home at least a few items from the great shop located on one of the main streets in the heart of downtown Lake Alfred, FL.
Thrifty Chix has the advantage of being located next door to another thrift store named Knick Knack Paddy Whack and it is less than a block away from Biggar's Antiques. There is also the superb Cornerstone Grill Restaurant located directly across the street from Thrifty Chix so make it a day of fun and come on over and shop 'til you drop and then eat some great food and shop some more. You won't be sorry that you did.
I live right here in Lake Alfred and drop by the Thrift Chix every chance that I get to see what is new. Angela keeps the inventory in the store fresh and the turnover is so high because people love what she has for sale at such great prices. A really great small town shop that you will fall in love with.Written July 14, 2017
- Love it all. Great place for lunch and shopping. There is also an area on the lake where you can feed fish, turtles and even a small gator. My grandchildren love this. The outside garden shop is a favorite of mine and the back porch restaurant has great food and a fun atmosphere.Written May 3, 2022
- The lady who greeted me super friendly and showed me all the great stuff they have to offer and she was very pleasant at check out too. And said come back soon. OVERALL really great place so glad I stopped in. Thanks for have such good stuff.Written February 2, 2020
- Believe this business to be closed permanently. Nothing out front, building for sale. Drive by observation. Take it or leave it, not doing Trip Advisor job.Written April 29, 2018