- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
9 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Nice trip down memory lane. I have similar things at my home already, as I love antiques. Owners were very friendly and enjoyed our conversation with them. Highly recommend stopping in here if you are ever in LaBelle.
It's obvious as well the store was not randomly thrown together either it is laid out very well. I have been in many antique stores that a very hodgepodge and look like items are just thrown into the mix, not this store.Written February 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Hendry LaBelle Nature Park contains one of the town of LaBelle's only nature trails. The nine acre park is located on the eastern end of the Caloosahatchee River. The park features a half mile perimeter tail and an extra half mile of cross and parallel trails. One of the trails leads to the historical Captain Hendry house, a frame vernacular house was built for Captain Francis Hendry, a Confederate officer during the Civil War. Henry founded the town of LaBelle's and the county is named after him. This house is the only surviving building associated with Captain Frances Hendry in the county.
The Rotary Club of LaBelle, and volunteers take care of the park. They donated a picnic pavilion and they remove the invasive plants. There is a QR Code reader on markers along the trail that identifies the plants. You can take out your smart phone, scan the QR code, and get a picture and a description of that particular plant. Some of the plants you will see include oaks, cabbage palms, and beautyberry. If you are lucky you may run into an endangered gopher tortoise or even a fox.
I enjoyed my exploration of this park except for the biting black bugs. They drove me out before I made it to the Hendry House. Bring bug spray. Also note that there is no water or toilets on site.Written July 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited when nothing was going on. Seeing alligator swimming around the lake added some life and excitement. Unfortunately an interesting raised trail was taped off, apparently not safe for for tragic.Written March 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Local honey, beautiful store. Like stepping back in time.
In an older general store. Very local honey with tastings. I bought
Orange blossom, mangrove honey, they also had sea grapes honey.
Had nice salad dressings and candies. Great stop, got history lesson from owner all delivered with a
Warm smile.Written January 24, 2022
- Great outfitters. Professional and timely responses when contacted. I hunted whitetail deer with Townsend & Sons successfully. Jeb knows where to find them. Looking forward to my next hunt with Townsend & Sons.Written September 17, 2022
- We had so much fun and will definitely be back next season! So happy to have such a rare agri-tourism experience in our community!Written May 24, 2021
- So happy to have fresh blueberries stored in the freezer for the next few months. I live plant based lifestyle so this place is amazing for me!Written May 24, 2021
- Glad we stopped in. They have a wide assortment of items. The staff could not have been more friendly. I would recommend stopping here (the store is for women’s goods only).Written August 28, 2018
LaBelle Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||96|
|Number of Photos||110|
|Local Time||Tuesday 1:45 PM|