- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Admission tickets from $24.67
Admission tickets from $17.50
Art Museums • History Museums
Admission tickets from $45.00
Speciality Museums • Historic Sites
Admission tickets from $19.34
What travelers are saying
- Visiting the Hemingway House was absolutely one of my top favorite activities we did this week! Even my teenage daughters loved it.
We did the free tour and our guide was amazing. OH MY GOODNESS THE DRAMA!!! I had no idea that Ernest Hemingway lived such a colorful and exciting life!! Learning what I did at his beautiful home has made me want to pick up all his books and find biographies to learn more.
But even with as exciting as his life was, the cats living there completely stole my heart. I could have spent hours there just interacting with them.
Please don’t miss this if you are visiting Key West!Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visiting Truman's little White House is an extraordinary look into history. The small, plain - even utilitarian space provides a window into another time in Key West and into the presidency. Its hard to imagine the president operating in such small surroundings, with few staff, little connection to the rest of the world, and little in the way of luxury. Just a few people around a card table in what looks like a middle school cafeteria. Hard to imagine the decisions made here at the start of the Cold War, when in retrospect the heart of American power felt so delicate.Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- During the tour there are many flights of steep ladders to go up and down. It was interesting to tour the ship and learn about how it and the men in it served our country. Our self-guided tour took a little more than an hour.Written August 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great piece of history and amazing views from the top of the lighthouse! Historic Keeper's Quarters offers a look into the lives of the light keepers and their families. The iron stairs could be a challenge, I think there were 88 steps and they are narrow and spiral. But the views are well worth the climb!Written September 23, 2023
- Unique museum. Great history surrounding Caribbean treasure hunting and Mell Fisher. Also has a well done section centering around a wrecked slave trading ship and the impact it had on The Key West community.Written July 12, 2023
- If you’re on Duval Street in Key West, take a few moments to stop in the Alan S Maltz Gallery. His photos are stunning and they capture the beauty in our natural world in a way that feels authentic and memorable.Written July 18, 2023
- This stop wasn’t on our agenda, but when we stopped in we were pleasantly surprised. The volunteer docent gave us a lot of information and the displays were beautifully presented. Outside of a good chance to sit in the cool, the movie wasn’t much.Written August 12, 2023
- Interesting, cool and quick. Very nicely laid out history of Key West. Perfect spot to spend and hour, learn about KW and take a break from the heat.Written September 20, 2023
- I collect art while travelling, so I went into many galleries while in Key West, and 7 Friends was definitely my favorite! Jennifer, who runs the gallery, is an absolute treat! She was so nice and so much fun to talk to. Very informative, and you can just tell how much she loves all the art and the artists behind that she has in the gallery. Overall, one of the best gallery experiences I've ever had and I'll definitely be back next time I visit Key West!Written July 17, 2023
- Sorry Robert, I just happened to come across your story online and could not help but be curious. I apologize for looking at pictures of you online without permission. Please forgive me. All the respect to you.Written February 25, 2023
- Many interesting exhibits that paint the picture of bygone days in Key West. Be sure to check out the bar of silver!Written November 20, 2022
- This was the last thing we did on our trip and It was a great ending to the trip, even though we couldn’t do the tour. The guys running the museum were nice, and honestly the best people at an attraction to talk to. Super genuine. I easily could’ve been their all day talking to them, and I don’t usually get that way with random people. When I return to Key West, I definitely will be coming back to finish the experience.Written August 5, 2023
- Wonderful tour with Thomas Greenwood who is the curator and museum store buyer. The house is very interesting and the grounds were well restored.
Thomas was delightful and knowledgeable.
Don't miss this wonderful store. I got a lovely necklace and wear it all the time. Great gifts!Written March 16, 2023
- Classy downtown entertainment, gallery and bookstore. Live theater, solo/duet concerts, airy gallery and rooftop bar showcasing local musical talent and sunset views. One down side - Tickets are pricey and $10 for a 4oz wine in a plastic cup. Squeezing every nickel?!Written January 31, 2023
- Fantastic gallery. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The staff are incredible and they kept routine contact with us throughout the process from order through delivery. Highly recommend!Written September 9, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Key West
- These are the best places for kid-friendly museums in Key West:
- U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Ingham Maritime Museum
- Key West Firehouse Museum
- Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center
- These are the best places for groups seeking museums in Key West:
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Ingham Maritime Museum
- Truman Little White House