Historic Sites • State Parks
What travelers are saying
- The drive to the fort entrance is pleasant. It’s a winding wooded road with small scenic stops. Fort Clinch State Park sets on St. Mary’s River across from Georgia. The fort was used by union soldiers to protect the harbor entrance during the Civil War. The view of the canons and massive walls of the fort entrance is intimidating. There are many rooms set up to display how the soldiers lived and worked. There is a panoramic view from the top of the wall. Examples of the large cannons for the defense of the fort set on the wall. Walking through the fort is very thought provoking. It gave me a better understanding of their lives and how lucky I am to live now.Written October 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a great clean & safe weekend getaway for our annual girls trip. My friends had never been and were most impressed. The Hilton took care of us and the shopping and dining were so much fun.Written September 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every time I am in Fernandina Beach, I make sure to make a stop at
Marlin &Barrel Distillery. The spicy vodka is incredible and makes the most perfect Bloody Mary. They've expanded their selection while maintaing top notch quality that it's difficult not to bust the budget. So good!Written November 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our first full day on Amelia Island was rainy and cooler than normal so we skipped the beach and went to explore the historic district. There is a lot of free on street parking so we found a spot and started exploring. This area is very pedestrian friendly and full of shops, restaurants and historic homes and buildings. Amelia Island Coffee, Fantastic Fudge and the Book Loft were a few favorites. It was a great way to spend a few hours on the island.Written June 10, 2023
- The two ladies were extremely informative about the entire area, They gave us helpful ideas on what to see ,where THEY like to eat. and fun things to do, The brochures were superWritten July 23, 2023
- This is a good place to spend an hour or so learning the history of the area. It is well laid out and the gift shop has some good booksWritten January 12, 2023
- A quiet getaway perfect for families with little kids who don’t want all the noise of a “big beach town”.This beach is absolutely stunning, quiet and the water is warm and AMAZING. If the kids get bored at the beach there is a playground, skate park, and lots of benches to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the Atlantic Ocean.Written July 8, 2023
- This is a nice, quiet trail. The path is mostly mowed grass next to the creek. The trailhead from the north starts in some trees but quickly opens up. There is not much shade so go early in the summer. We saw lots of birds and turtles.Written July 16, 2023
- The sunrises are captivating, the water is perfect, Tides change quicky. Very unpredictable, but breathtaking. Thx.Written November 14, 2023
- We enjoy coming to this beach with our family from FB. The drive-on is great along with setting up for a barbecue and relaxation on the beach.Written March 4, 2023
- I thought it was great to drive on the beach and park right near the water. The kids enjoyed the water, even though it was rough waves every now and then. They will turn you away unless you are a Nassau resident or dod emp.Written August 17, 2022
- Very nice beach with easy access and plenty of free parking along with restaurants. While wintering in Florida we enjoy visiting so many beaches.Written March 4, 2023
- Our group of 4 bought tickets in advance for Over the River and Through the Woods play on 10/21/23. The performance far exceeded our expectations and was one of the best local theater performances we have seen in Florida. The cast and staff were excellent, the interaction between the cast was great, and the play itself was fully of belly laughs.
This was a great evening at the bargain price of only $25 per ticket.
If you are looking for a fun, entertaining evening this is a good choice!Written October 23, 2023
- Beautiful detailed costumes, really good acting and singing, and loved the humorous storyline. It was a cozy theater and got to talk to the actors at the end of the show which allowed us to quickly praise them. Loved it!Written March 18, 2023
- while i didn't purchase anything since we had flown down the art here is amazing. All different artists and so eclectic. A definite return visit!Written January 12, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Amelia Island
Amelia Island Attractions Information
|Saturday 8:16 PM|