Top Attractions in Gainesville
What travelers are saying
- Something about the way butterflies fly makes it impossible to be cranky. I wish I could go here every day. Go if you can.Written October 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The exhibitions were nice and the tour was well organized. I found a few things outdated like the videos at the end or some buttons didn’t work. For a free entry it was still worth the tour and the paying butterfly forest was truly amazing to watch.Written January 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gave this adventure to my granddaughter for Christmas. She has always wanted to see a Cheetah. The whole experience was excellence. Anna the guide was informative and interesting. The animals are well cared for and loved. We were surprised at the variety of animals available for us to see. We also did the Lemur Encounter and my granddaughter loved the opportunity to hold the Lemur. Highly recommend a visit to Carson Springs. Look forward to going again.Written January 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was in town with family and stopped in while waiting for a doctor appointment. I think they did a very nice job putting these gardens together. I liked the herb garden very much and just enjoyed walking around the beautiful grounds.Written November 19, 2022
- North entry seems to be the best spot. Old Florida, gators on the banks, then go to Micanopy for lunch/ice cream.Written August 22, 2022
- Was amazing and a great experience. There are different bat houses and the bats all come out at dusk almost night time. I you have time, this is awesome to see.Written September 2, 2022
- My friend and I attended our first gymnastics meet at UF O'Connell Arena on January 6, 2023. We stayed at the Home Suites 2 by Hilton and this location was perfect for a short trip to the O'Connell Arena. The campus is huge, very safe and a joy to visit!Written January 8, 2023
- Wednesday is our couples day and with pending rain we headed here for an indoor location. Very nice exhibits and staff quite friendly. Just large and diverse enough for a few hours of enjoyment.Written October 13, 2022
- A very sweet zoo. Shaded and a pleasant walk. Perfect for all ages. We saw a birthday party for young child there. I recommend.Written October 16, 2022
- On my way down to Gainesville I wanted to stop here before checking into my hotel if they were going to be open late enough. The time on Google showed 5 pm but I know State parks in Georgia often put the time the park offices close on Google but the parks themselves are open till sunset or later. I called to ask and I was told they had recently changed their hours to sunset but none of the websites had been updated yet. I was also told the office still closes at 4:30 pm. Arrived before the office closed, parking is $4 but can only be paid in cash in the box or on the website. You cannot pay at the office and they also do not have a gift shop. I was told they previously had one but the park needed to purchase a new Point of Sale system before they could sell items again. I paid for parking on the website but thought it was odd that there was not a place to put my license plate during checkout. I guess if you get a ticket you show them the emailed pass later?
After talking with the girl in the office for a while about other parks in the area and parks in Georgia I headed down to the stairs to check out the sinkhole. Spent some time there before going up to do the loop trail. Bring bug spray! I didn’t even think about mosquitoes. I don’t know what breed of those things they have here but the bites were not visible until a couple of days later and even though I didn’t scratch them they left scars. As others have posted the loop is partially closed so I went as far as I could and then backtracked. On the way back around there was a heavy stench of weed in the air. A guy with a beautiful white and brown Husky arrived after the employees left and was just smoking weed down in the sinkhole like it was nothing. Felt bad for the dog that had to deal with that.Written January 14, 2023
- Easy to walk and run handicap accessible pathways and lots of park to cover!
Beautiful and tons of wildlife even when it’s only about 60 degrees out!
Pay 5 per car or walk in. We were there only 45 minutes and saw 6 gators and 7 different birds including a stork flew next to us within 4 feet!
Highly recommend. You forget it’s in Gainesville walking there. Bring your camera.Written January 20, 2023
- Came here from out of town for an SEC Game Weekend. Fun place. Lots of beers to choose from with fun names. They also had live music and food trucks, but check their schedule because I’m not sure music and food trucks are an everyday occurrence. Lots of families, couples, friends and dogs. So everyone is welcome. Even people from the visiting team. 😉Written October 22, 2022
- I was pleasantly surprised by all this park offered. Perfect space indeed. I even was able to fly my Drone and see just how Beautiful it was from above!Written February 1, 2023
- Such a great experience! Didn’t realize how big some bats could actually get. You get a chance to feed them and even watch them create a painting if you love art for your wall at home.Written December 3, 2022
- The La Chua trail is closed at the end of the boardwalk. Saw tons of different birds...snail kits, herons, egrets, etc. No gators. Saw a bison off in the distance.Written December 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Gainesville
- The most popular things to do in Gainesville with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation
- Butterfly Rainforest
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Sweetwater Wetlands Park
- University of Florida
Gainesville Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 8:02 PM|