- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
12 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We visited this beach twice during our stay and it was a pleasant experience both times. The waves were frequent and there were yellow/purple conditions both times but we were careful not to wonder out very far to be in danger of rip currents. Lots of small fish swimming near but harmless. Also warnings of button jelly fish but I’m the stretch we were at we did not see any in the water, only some on shore which were already dead. Highly recommend and entry fee is reasonable. Showers, picnic pavilions and restrooms available.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You have to see it for yourself to understand how beautiful, amazing, and peaceful it is. The beach was clean, and the water was amazing.Written June 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of boat rentals.... with our without a captain. Fabulous places to sit and eat or drink with great views of the harbor.Written July 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of entertainment for all ages. They did fireworks on Thursdays, it was about a 15 minute display!Written July 11, 2022
- Jetty East Beach is spacious and clean. There are less umbrellas than at the bigger hotel/resort beaches.Written August 19, 2020
- If you don't want to pay at Henderson Beach, then I would suggest this one down the road. We love the beach and water at this one...not far to walk down to the beach from the parking lot and pretty ample parking. Clean beach.Written October 15, 2021
- There's an area for small dogs, and another area fenced off for larger dogs. It was easy to park there, we went many times.Written March 22, 2022
- Jolee was adjacent to our resort, so it made a nice walk and is a great place to relax and enjoy the bay view. Fish were jumping every few seconds. Sitting by the water, it felt about ten degrees cooler.Written September 19, 2017
- Great access to Crystal Beach adjacent to Henderson State Park. Very limited parking spots (4-5) so you might need to park on the street or get dropped off. There is a nice size covered area with a couple of tables. Close walk to beach from where you park and enter.Written May 26, 2020
- We stopped here for a minute. It’s a very small park. Small boardwalk over the water. Not sure if you can fish from the boardwalk. It doesn’t go far out into the water. It’s free. We didn’t stay too longWritten September 16, 2021
- Needed a rental last minute and they over met my expectations. Jeep was very nice no issues. Veryveasy transaction would highly recommend.Written August 1, 2022
- This park has picturesque soft white sands and blue water where it gets deeper. Trash cans are frequent, and trash on the beach or in the water is very minimal.
We took our snorkels and masks and parked in the parking lot closest to the park. It holds maybe 12 cars and you pay through the app “Parking Passport:” 5 dollars for 5 hours.
There are 3 shallow bays, from zero where you walk in to maybe 4 or 6 feet deep at most, with lifeguard stands (but no lifeguards, just fyi). We saw dozens of small and medium sized fish (mostly yellow and blue and white), a turtle, 3 jellyfish, and hermit crabs on the rocks. Bird wildlife included a heron, an egret and lots of seagulls and sandpipers.
The water in the bays is a little green, and visibility when we went was maybe 10 feet in front of you: a little murky but you could still see fish. Plenty of grass in the water this time. On a Tuesday midday, it was not crowded and quite peaceful.
Would recommend if you are in Destin!Written September 21, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Destin
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Destin:
- Private Chartered Slide Pontoon Boat-Up to 6 Guests
- Dolphin-Watching Speedboat Cruise in Destin Harbor
- Hydrojet Dolphin Cruise
- Snorkeling and Dolphin Tour
- Private Crab Island Double Slides Pontoon Charter with Captain
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Destin:See more nature & parks for groups in Destin on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Destin:See more romantic nature & parks in Destin on Tripadvisor