State Parks • Beaches
Top Attractions in Destin
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We visited this beach twice during our stay and it was a pleasant experience both times. The waves were frequent and there were yellow/purple conditions both times but we were careful not to wonder out very far to be in danger of rip currents. Lots of small fish swimming near but harmless. Also warnings of button jelly fish but I’m the stretch we were at we did not see any in the water, only some on shore which were already dead. Highly recommend and entry fee is reasonable. Showers, picnic pavilions and restrooms available.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Aways fun to visit while in Destin area, . Stuff for kids, plenty restaurants, little shops all around. Just nice place to stop by to walk around as well. Parking might be little problem at timesWritten July 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a variety of things to do. We enjoyed walking down there from our hotel, plenty of places to eat and shop and just hang out. There is plenty of activities at night for the kids and adultsWritten August 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You have to see it for yourself to understand how beautiful, amazing, and peaceful it is. The beach was clean, and the water was amazing.Written June 23, 2022
- This is a really nice shopping area. There were a ton of more upscale stores here. And lots to see. It's great!Written March 29, 2022
- We shop here every time we are in Destin. Great places for snacks...love the caramel apples and the pretzels. Reebok by far had the best deals for me, as well as Merrell. Tried to purchase a pair of shoes at Asics. First pair $160, 2nd pr 70 percent off. I struck out at New Balance, too. The cosmetics store always has great deals. I will be back in March 2023!!Written July 16, 2022
- Ok area, plenty of restaurants and shops to check out. It’s right on the water where you can check out the action. Not as wheelchair accessible as you would think which caused us a bit of an issue.Written August 25, 2021
- Very nice shopping area with lots of interesting stores. Only wished we would have come across it earlier in our trip. Would have been nice if stores opened before 11, people waiting outside for doors to open was a bit much.Written June 7, 2022
- Lots of boat rentals.... with our without a captain. Fabulous places to sit and eat or drink with great views of the harbor.Written July 26, 2022
- Absolutely love this shop every time I'm over in the Sandestin area! Kooky, original items and fantastic gift options here.Written July 30, 2020
- We needed something to do on a day with less than ideal weather and so we stopped in here. The staff provided us with a scavenger hunt that was perfect for getting the kids to engage with the exhibits. And after completing the scavenger hunt, each child got a shark tooth. They had a great time, and honestly, you can't beat the staff. They were so awesome..Written March 29, 2022
- Lots of entertainment for all ages. They did fireworks on Thursdays, it was about a 15 minute display!Written July 11, 2022
- The Destin Water Taxi is so fun. It's a great way to get across the harbor for activities, dinner and shopping. The captains are always so cool and knowledgeable about the area. It's a great way to experience Destin.Written June 6, 2021
- Jetty East Beach is spacious and clean. There are less umbrellas than at the bigger hotel/resort beaches.Written August 19, 2020
- If you don't want to pay at Henderson Beach, then I would suggest this one down the road. We love the beach and water at this one...not far to walk down to the beach from the parking lot and pretty ample parking. Clean beach.Written October 15, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Destin
- The best day trips from Destin according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Chartered Slide Pontoon Boat-Up to 6 Guests
- Private Chartered Luxury Pontoon Boat-Up to 6 Guests in Destin
- Private Chartered Pontoon Boat-Up to 16 Guests Island Time
- Destin Inshore Fishing Charter
- Day Tour to Harbor Lights