- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
14 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I booked a tour to see the church and home and to explore the graveyard. The tour of the church was informational and rewarding. The pace was exactly what I appreciate...quick but enough time to absorb everything around us. The graveyard was beautiful. I am so happy this has all been preserved in the middle of a city that has seen better times.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- OK, this Catholic church is the bedrock of the Little Italy community in Wilmington. But it also offers afundraising summer carnival complete with rides and fireworks for us Protestants, along with an Italian dinner where you can sit in long tables and share a dish of pasta with Vinny and the gang, whose wives sweat over vast pots of pasta and sauce in the basement. Fond memories of my years in Wilmington.Written December 25, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The food is most definitely worth the wait - amazing! Do not miss the church tours! Church history is impressive and the iconography on the inside is gorgeous.Written July 14, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Christ Church has lovely carvings, a large children's chapel built to scale for kids. This is a very active Parish of the Episcopal Church in Delaware, nestled in a beautiful suburban setting.Written August 12, 2019
- We used to live around the corner from this church & would frequently attend Sunday Mass here. We were in the area the other day and thought we would attend the Saturday Evening 5PM Mass on Palm Sunday weekend. When we got to the church, there were TONS of buses parked all around the building. We were NOT sure what was going on, but proceeded inside for Mass.
Once inside, we discovered that the Diocese Youth were gathering for Mass following their day of Pilgrimage. There were hundreds of young people, boy scouts and students. Bishop Malooly was the presider for Mass that evening.
Overall, we have felt welcome in this church both as regular parishioners and guests. The church itself is beautiful. The altar has sea foam green and rose colored pillars behind it. The rest of the church is done in light colors such as cream or almond. The organ up on the second level balcony is lovely. Outside of the church has beautiful stonework as well. Worth a visit IF in the area.Written April 27, 2019
- Third year- and keeps on getting better. This year we tried the three different combo platters- all were good. Tyskie beer a good bet. Friendly people, free parking, great food- cant miss it. It will be an annual event. We arrived too early this year to hear the live bands because of an early departure the following day- cannot miss next year!Written October 1, 2016
- Today was the first "Mass mob" in the Diocese of Wilmington, held in historic St Mary's church.
The most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is offered every Sunday at 10:15 am. It is preceded by recitation one of the mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary at 9:45 am.
You are invited to come to worship God and pray in the company of our brothers and sisters in Christ who have done so in this sacred space for over 160 years.Written November 24, 2019
- This church was AMAZING ! We attended for my first time just before Easter 2022. The reverend Patty and assistant reverend Charles are INCREDIBLY talented sermonizers, the parish members were literally the friendliest we had ever encountered (we are an inner-racial, inter-generational couple and BOTH of us felt right at home). The building is beautiful -- there was an inspiring concert later that afternoon and a monthly homemade chili dinner / competition a few days later (everything from vegetarian to varied meats, mild to spicy, each unique). We returned to Easter which had heavenly music--including trumpets, horns, drums, piano and organ accompaniment of a powerful choir. I am NOT at all in the habit of writing reviews (esp if I am not complaining about something!), let alone for a church. I wrestle greatly with faith and ANYONE (atheist to fervent disciple) would feel perfectly comfortable and embraced by this community. Drs. J. Hallock and A. HendersonWritten April 20, 2022
- Beautiful church setting for the Liturgy. Statuary of St Ann with the child Mary on the side is nice. Very welcoming. There is a dedicated Adoration chapel adjacent to the main church.Written August 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Wilmington