- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
5 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Spent a couple of hours at Rockwell Park with my kids on a Sunday afternoon. They really loved the sprinkler park! It was well kept and clean and everything was in working order. The playground was big, and I liked that it had a few sets of swings for the kids to play on. My kids loved climbing and playing on the rock structure they had. We would definitely go back again.Written August 9, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went here with my daughter for a field trip and it was fun. I also was there for a great wine tasting event and really enjoyed it.Written May 14, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Last Summer I moved up to CT and my grandma offered to bring me to Barnes Nature Center. Everyone in my family knows that I'm crazy about animals and only want what's best for them. I was a little skeptical at first, but when I learned that it was nothing at all like a zoo I was easily convinced I would enjoy myself there.
When I first walked in I knew that this was a great place for any true animal lover to spend their time. It felt good to know that all of the animals there were very well taken care of, and unlike at a zoo, they were only there for rehabilitation or because they could not go back into the wild. All of the critters there looked extremely healthy and to be honest, even a little spoiled!! They've even got a 33-year-old snake!
The staff and volunteers there were just as awesome to meet as the animals were. They made me feel welcome and were willing to answer any question that I had about the animals and Nature Center. I totally left with a smile on my face, and told everyone about how amazing it was there. I visit the Nature Center now every chance I get.Written July 25, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Park is spread out and has hills, so bring good walking shoes or be prepared to drive to different sections.
Young kids 0-12 will enjoy the playground area which includes sprinklers to cool off. It has swings for disabled children and a playscape for children using Walker, can be or wheelchairs. Picnic tables allow for snacks or lunch. No dogs here though.
Baseball and tennis fields/courts nearby. If you walk up halfway it plateaus to a fishing pond with ducks and geese, and on other side a public pool and poolhouse.
We fed the ducks and sat on benches around pond. There is a smaller playscape up here set back in trees, so you get shade so equipment isn't so hot.
My teens brought there freebie and went in search of the baskets that are posted throughout park for great games. I would definitely keep track of them if playing near dusk as there are some "strangers" who appear to not be using the park for family friendly activities.
That aside, pool is clean and cool, lifeguards on duty. Kids and I had an enjoyable 3 hours.Written July 16, 2018