*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Red Rocks is the best outdoor venue in the world! Awesome sound. Awesome views. You absolutely have to see a show here. Your night will be magical!Written September 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a cool stop. It's not huge and you won't be here long, but our family enjoyed it. The day was sweltering hot, so the guided bus tour was WELL worth the $. My 10 and 12-year-old both enjoyed digging for fossils in the sandbox. Definitely worth visiting if you are in the area!Written July 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow! We went to Dinosaur Ridge and another person on the tour told us about this museum so we gave it a try. We are so glad that we did! It was extremely educational and hands on, which is always nice for a museum and for kids that learn better with tactile lessons. Our guide was awesome, even though he kept getting people tacked onto the tour. He never failed to be ready to talk to people and educate all of us. The very best part was when we got to talk to the paleontologist and try working on an actual fossil for ourselves. Our son, who is determined to be a paleontologist when he grows up, was absolutely over the moon! This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!Written August 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful area for all. Wide, smooth trails for kids, grandparents, and disabled. A beautiful setting with meadows, trees and blue skies. There are a some moderately challenging trails off the main trails for more of a workout. I liked visiting the remains of some of the old stone houses that were abandoned the 1920s. These are located just off the main trails. Nice picnic areas with sweeping view. Bring a meal to enjoy!Written October 21, 2022
- My friends and I were out on hiking expeditions southwest of Denver, and we stopped at the Lair o’ the Bear Park. It was a lovely drive to reach the trailhead parking area; we drove through lots of rocky canyons and trees changing colors. The park has several trails of varying lengths, which is excellent for visitors wishing to spend time from a few minutes to a few hours on the trails. It was a bit unnerving to see a park sign warning us of mountain lion activity and what to do in case of an encounter (fight back? Really?!), but we figured it was doubtful for the big cats to be out and about in mid-afternoon. Since we were headed to another hiking spot afterwards, we ended up taking a shorter loop for about 0.8 mile. The trail took us through open woods and over Bear Creek; the grade was easy and we completed it in under 30 minutes. Other trails are of intermediate length with higher grades, and we decided to try them when we return!Written November 6, 2022
- my family and i went (ages 19 and up) and we all enjoyed it! when you show up, you wait in lanes and they are all facing the event as a whole. so while you wait (20 min for us), you get to watch the lights along with the choreographed christmas music. they give you a station to tune to when you get there. we enjoyed it for sure. it was pretty neat. kids would probably LOVE it! we hit a couple of houses on the way there that had a lot of lights and made a whole night out of it. i would recommend!Written December 20, 2020
- We attended a wedding here many years ago and found it a beautiful place for such and event, there were elk in the parking lot.
BUT, sadly - it is now a runners store.Written April 4, 2019
- We happened to find this awesome trail by chance, and I'm so glad we did. It was a fairly decent hike up (especially in the snow) with beautiful views at the top. I can't wait to see what this place looks like in the summer.
Just FYI, if you don't have Yak Trax or anything like that, I'd get a pair before attempting this when its a bit snowy. Snow shoes might be overkill though.Written February 25, 2016
- Great little town full of shops and restaurants. Went after we visited the Red Rock Ampitheater and did some hikes. Definitely worth the stop.Written September 17, 2023
- I can remember seeing some guy named John Denver on a low budget Saturday music show when I was very young and thinking he had a nice voice but funny looking! Of course shortly he was a mega-hit and everywhere. I got to see him once in concert--and he was great. Red Rocks was one of his "homes"--so seeing the statue is pretty cool.Written August 19, 2019
- This formed part of our visit to the Red Rocks. The trading post was a good stop place with a souvenir shop and rest rooms. The trail offers new perspectives of the mountain, rock formations and streams in the area. A beautiful place.Written May 1, 2022
- Ridiculous wait times. We aren't even in yet and have been waiting 30 min psst our start time. It looks pretty from where we are sitting in line.Written December 18, 2022
- My son loves go-karts so we have been to many different go-cart tracks. This one has been the best hands down. This karts are well taken care of and the track was great.Written November 27, 2020
- We stopped in The Moxi Poppy while visiting town for a concert. This was a neat little shop, with cool things that you can't really find anywhere else. The owner was a sweetheart! We will definitely make this one of our stops anytime we are in Colorado!Written July 13, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Morrison
- The best day trips from Morrison according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Shared Half-Day Mountain Tour in Red Rocks Evergreen and Echo Lake
- Visit Red Rocks Park, Continental Divide & Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Ultimate Full Day Mountain Tour from Denver
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour Foothills of the Rockies from Denver
- Mount Blue Sky (Mount Evans) Summit & Red Rocks Tour from Denver
Morrison Attractions Information