- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Very locally attended bar/casino. Pizza smelled good, but we didn't partake.
Local on tap beer very good. Cold! Staff was friendly. Just a caveat though.
You can park out back, but be sure you patronize this facility, as the lot is monitored.
Central City is just a fun place to visit. Enjoy this stop as you wander around the town.Written May 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We ate breakfast at Millie's in the casino. A terrific find that features a full breakfast for $5.29 and it's even served on a white tablecloth. Other menu item were around $9 or $10.
Our server was attentive and we would definitely returnWritten August 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you're looking for slot machines that use and give coins instead of vouchers, check out the Bonanza. This casino is very old-style and is pretty big. There are multiple rooms of machines, but there are no table games. It's a fun stop if you want to check out Central City. It's also right next to the CC/BH tram shuttle.Written January 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We wanted a place that would let us get to it relatively quickly, as our flight into Denver was arriving at 8pm (10pm our Eastern Time) and I didn't want to drive 3 hours to Stteamboat Springs and check into our Wyndham Timeshare at midnight (2am our time). This hotel was reasonably priced and in new condition, and got us close to the Georgetown Loop Railroad where we had booked a 10am train ride the next morning, and then had us close to Vail which was on our list of places to visit.
Getting the rental car near the airport took almost an hour, then the drive was a short hour, so check in was close to 10pm and we had no waiting and a friendly clerk. We visited the casino and put a dollar into the penny slot machine and pulled the lever and won 619 pennies! Why couldn't it have been a dollar machine? Turns out that it took 83 of my pennies to achieve that winning, so sevenfold my investment, which I had borrowed from my daughter, so I quit and gave her back all but a dollar. We spent 5 minutes playing with the dollar on different penny machines until it was gone. Done gambling, now for some quick eats.
The cafe was open and the ladies got great tacos while I opted for a slice of pizza. The clerk must have known the quality and age of the pizza so he gave me 2 slices and it was still no deal as they were stiff and flavorless. This was washed down by the free casino drinks (raspberry iced tea).
There was not much going on at 11pm on a Tuesday night and we were tired so up to our 4th floor room we went.
The pillows were a bit much for my liking, but it was 73 degrees and quiet and we slept well, but when I woke up at 5 am, I asked my wife and daughter if they felt like riding up Mount Evans. We are only here once, so they both said yes and we got out the door by 5:45 into the parking garage and were atop the mountain by 7am.
This was the highlight of my trip. We made it down to Silver Plume depot by 9:15 so we could tour the museum and catch our train.
The town was quaint and we snapped a few photos, but it'd have been nice to stay a bit. The ride up to the casino from the highway was impressive. Everything went smoothly. (They carded my 27 year old young looking daughter to be on the casino floor).Written July 18, 2019
- Enjoyed hanging out in the casino for awhile. Even left a bit ahead. The masks keep us from staying inside anywhere for long. Hope we can return when things get back to normal.Written August 27, 2020
- We decided to take a scenic drive from Estes Park to Central City which is a two hour beautiful drive. The fall colors and the aspens breathtaking. I am sure peak has passed. The casino is small like the others, but I liked the experience. We were lucky enough to park on the street and walk right in. They have 3 dollar black jack tables. I like the Big Hit machine and that it did. On a .60 bet I won 175.00. Walked away and went upstairs for dinner. YummyWritten October 4, 2018
- If you took out the slots and electric lighting it wouldn't take much to being the place back to its original look. There was enough looseness in the slots to keep us playing for a while. I stayed pretty much on one machine and had a good time with the couple who sat next to me. My companion wandered around and said the whole space has pretty much the same vibe. He won enough to play the big wheel for additional free plays. We had a lot of fun here. We had gotten players cards from a very friendly staff member. We were here on an afternoon in the middle of the week. There were enough people in the casino to remind me I wasn't alone. When I come back to Central City I'll come back here to play a while.Written January 22, 2017