Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Breckenridge
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- There are a few cheap T shirt and tourist shops selling things from China but there are also fantastic art shops, amazing fossil and photography shops, and high quality outerwear, angling, and skiing shops. It would be hard to visit all of them in one day. The variety is great and there are lots of small eateries along the way.Written September 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- access in Breckenridge and the road does become gravel and slow going, but it is beautiful if you're looking for great scenery. We clicked a pic at the Continental Divide sign. Follow the road and end back up in Fairplay and then stop at gorgeous Hoosier's pass on the way back north to Breckenridge.Written September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we were in Breckenridge and Vail is an easy 40 minute drive. Fun to see, rode the Gondolas at Vail village and Lions-head village (same ticket)--takes you up ~ 2000 ft more. Great views and hiking at the top along with bikes available to ride up or just down the mountainWritten September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful hike w/many water falls and wild flowers along the way. Parking can be a challengeWritten August 16, 2022
- easy drive from Breckenridge, lots of parking and hiking is available. Beautiful views. take the road off CO-9 and follow the loop back around to CO-9 in Frisco. Stop and get groceries here, Safeway is reasonable.Written September 24, 2022
- The lunch outside was delightful. It helped that the weather in Breckenridge that week was superb and what a nice location for lunch, good food and to top it off with a bourbon tasting. We all had BBQ of some sort; ribs were thick for Baby Back Ribs, the Brisket was flavorful and the servings were generous. Around the $20 range for lunch. My brother ordered an Old Fashion and let me have a small sip. His wife had the Bloody Mary and I begged for a sip of that and it was nice, not overly peppery. I have been a fan of their bourbon but had not tried some of the newer ones. Left with a bottle of their standard bourbon and the one finished in the port casks. The server knew his bourbon. The lunch is affordable.Written September 10, 2022
- We always enjoy going over Hoosier pass. We stop and take in some hiking trails. You can always take the next road going sound and take it to the dam. Great views of Quandary Peak.Written July 19, 2022
- A great little trail just outside of Breckinridge. Reaching the lower lake took us up close to 1500 ft of ascent. The trail can get a little twisty and hard to follow at times, but with a steady trickle of other hikers, we found our way. The alpine lake is stunning and you get a lovely waterfall on the way as well. Take it all in and enjoy the crisp air and views as you move higher and higher.Written August 8, 2021
- Four teen boys (16, 16, 14, 14) all had a blast. Haven't been since they were much younger and they wanted to go back this year. Yes the lines are long. Get there early, really when they open or a little before. You can buy the bands/tickets online and then get right in line to pick up your wrist band. It will save a few minutes (my 4 boys ran ahead to get in line and I brought them the wrist bands once I got them). The slide line was much more slow than the coaster, so get to that one right away. This was my 4 teens favorite, they rode twice and the coaster once. My husband and I found table in the shade and had a cocktail while enjoying the amazing summer day on the mountain. Can eat up top (we didn't this year) with either food from the restaurant or pack a picnic. If you are in town enough days I would watch for the day with the least chance of rain, go on a Monday/Tuesday, and get there early before any afternoon showers pop up. As you get closer to the weekend everything gets busier. If you do go on a busier day I do think the three pass in really all you need with the length of the lines.Written July 20, 2022
- Nice trails around homes and in the woods. All trails groomed, easily 6-8ft wide. Varied terrain, no to many views. Extended to the resort base and Peaks Trail. Well kept, pretty lodge with a few snack options. Great place to sit afterward. We had our own gear but saw lessons going on. We also skated at Frisco and Gold Run. Our favorite was Frisco for terrain and maintenance. We were able to get a "punch" pass for 6 passes we could both split AND use at the other local cross country courses. Made it a reasonable deal.Written March 18, 2022
- The kids (and adults )had a blast sledding down the hill! We were so glad that we found this beautiful park. Spent two afternoons of fun and exercise! Also loved to see all the dogs enjoying playing at the dog park. A must day of fun, free of charge!Written March 21, 2022
- Read the road was closed to this so we were going to Lower McGullough Gulch. When we got to the road for that it was closed (I THINK only for two weeks M-TH) so decided to drive ahead and see if the road ahead was open and it was (all in the same area). Super bumpy road as you have read. We had a Tahoe so were fine but did see smaller cars not 4 wheel drive that had made it just fine. Just GO SLOW and look at the road as you go. Very easy walk, not really a hike. There is a small spot to cross water, so if you are older or unsteady a hiking stick would help in this spot but other than that nothing much. We walked to the falls, again, there is a bit more of a "climb" to the top (we had my 70 year old parents with us for this). The views are beautiful, a nice spot to even have a picnic if you are okay sitting on a rock or something. We got cool here, the lake really has a breeze that flows across. It felt great for this family from Houston trying to escape the heat! We got some great family photos at the lake and also the top of the waterfall.Written July 20, 2022
- We had four days in Breckinridge and found ourselves at this place twice. Drink good beer, pet well-behaved dogs, make new friends. Enjoyed the patio area outside. Nice selection of beers, clean facilities, friendly staff, cool vibe.Written September 4, 2022
- Help. Flying to Breckenridge April 17th with family from florida. Beginner / intermediate skiers. Was planning on staying at a resort in Peak 9 but now hearing the lift there shuts down for skiing in April ? Any advice or suggestions ? Is peak 8 a good alternative? I think they have lifts open thru April. Any resorts ski in/out at peak 8? Thanks. First time ever going to Breckenridge and need any help we can get. Thank you.Written March 23, 2022
- We booked a free guided trail hike through the Cucumber Nature Preserve. Our Naturalist guide Nathan was exceptional. The 1.2 mile hike featured many species of plants along with Beaver Lodges, Bird watching and a beautiful wilderness wetland preserve. The Preserve is fed by Fens, Underground water sources. Although we did not see any Moose, they are regularly seen along with deer, elk, mink, beaver, muskrat, squirrels and coyotes. A must see in BreckenridgeWritten August 18, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Breckenridge
- The best day trips from Breckenridge according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Visit Red Rocks Park, Continental Divide & Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Ultimate Full Day Mountain Tour from Denver
- Private custom tour of the foothills of Denver, Dillon and Breckenridge.
Breckenridge Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||18,812|
|Number of Photos||8,072|
|Local Time||Sunday 7:09 PM|