Wineries & Vineyards
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We did the wine cave tour. It was great! Rob, our tour guide, is part of the Bundschu family that started the winery. He was so incredibly informative, giving us great history and insight. He answered everyone’s questions. It was a great experience!Written November 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unique historical place, home of the Bear Flag Republic. OK, only 25 days in 1846. Wander around Plaza, look at the statues, go into Visitors Center, do some shopping, eating and wine tasting. No Parking Meters and lots of Public Lots, Tesla Supercharger and EV charging too. Home of first William Sonoma store too.Written August 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful place to visit, excellent scenery and lots of beautiful vineyards in the horizon. Worth a visitWritten November 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Always a great visit to Sonoma. The wineries are plentiful. Sonoma Square is a favorite spot of ours. Good restaurants, nice shops, and even small wineries.Written November 11, 2023
- Buena Vista claims to be the oldest continuous operating winery in CA and was allegedly founded by Hungarian Count Agoston Haraszthy, so lots of colorful stories around the founder and there are lovely and expensive bottles of wine depicting some of the founder's adventures as part of their Founders Collection. We had the option of either an indoor or outdoor tasting and our wine steward spent a lot of time with us and customized the tastings to our preferences. We ended up joining their wine club (no fee) which gives us the option of visiting several other wineries in the Napa and Sonoma area. This was one of the more enjoyable wine tastings that we did. The walkway leading up to the winery from the parking lot has some interesting and corny signage, but it is all in good fun. Tip- the Sonoma visitor booth offered 2 tastings for the price of 1 which we were allowed to apply to the more expensive reserve wine tasting (the fee was waived with our membership and first order).Written October 21, 2023
- We came at the first of November without a reservation. A high quality wine tasting for $25. Refunded if you buy two bottles of wine. You can stand indoors at the tasting bar or take your wine outside to the wrap around porch. Some others had charcuterie boards but we didn't see that offeredWritten November 1, 2023
- Hidden Gem in Sonoma! I've visited Repris 2x and it's my favorite wine tasting experience. I love that they take you on ATV's to show you the property, you get to go into the wine caves and then they feed you at the end of the tour. They give hearty wine tasting pours too! The property is so beautiful - it's really something special! Make sure to book ahead of time as they fill up very quickly. For our party of 6 I booked 4 months in advance.Written February 26, 2023
- The view, cheese board, and ham and jam croissant sandwich were fantastic.
We arrived on an unusually windy afternoon which made it a bit chilly, but otherwise, it offered several beautiful sitting areas from which we took in the view from a variety of perspectives.
The grounds were beautifully kept. It felt a bit corporate and the building itself isn't as pretty as I'd expect for an Italian winery, but the gardening, and other decorative details were wonderful.
We also went on a weekday when it was comfortably busy--not crowded--which was to our liking.Written June 23, 2023
- Michael Kelly was a special and unique server - he matched wines to our taste and we learned a lot and enjoyed talking with him.Written November 5, 2023
- Larson was our first stop coming into Sonoma. It was a beautiful day and not very crowded which was nice. Brian took care of us and took us on a tour. It’s a family run business and that shows. Wines were very good. I became a wine club member after our visit.Written November 1, 2023
- We went to Hamel Family Wines on a Sunday in June 2023 and it was amazing. The architecture and design of the place are very modern and lovely. I went with a group of friends (4 total with me) who are architects and they appreciated the design so much. Our wine person was so knowledgeable and was so genuine. He also gave us space so he would come with a pour of a wine and explain a bit and then leave us for a bit until we were ready for the next one. I believe he was a former restaurant manager and was so genuinely passionate about good food and good wine. He was very knowledgeable and I thought he was just a super cool guy! I can't remember his name but he made the experience excellent!
He had even made a personalized packet with our group's name on it which was a very nice touch! I am not a frequent drinker or wine connoisseur by any means and I enjoyed the experience quite a bit! We went at 10 am and within a few hours the clouds(fog?) had lifted and we had a beautiful view of the winery and the mountain nearby. So lovely and set the bar high for other winery tours!
Recommending this winery to all my friends headed to Sonoma!Written June 23, 2023
- This was an amazing experience but not better than my first! This winery I wish was not located in the heart of downtown because the streets were busy which got a little distracting. The decor was wonderful and I loved the branded glasses that the wine was poured in. Each wine has a burst of flavors! The charcuterie board had the best olives ever. Other compliments on the board tasted perfect with the wines. The customer service had such a warm welcoming feel as we sat next to the fire pit. I loved this winery and will be back. I just wish it wasn't so busy next to the street.Written October 27, 2023
- Our second visit . We had another great experience at Ram’s Gate . Paul , our host was knowledgeable, helpful and professional. He really knows and enjoys his wine . The wines offered by Ram’s Gate are generally very good . A couple of the wines that Paul suggested were not our style but we ordered a few . We , as a rule , don’t care for Pinots but we really liked what was offered and the Grinache Syrah was our favorite. We ordered the charcuterie board which was very good . Beautiful facility, stunning views and surroundings. Professional, pleasant staff .Written November 5, 2023
- Gloria Ferrar champagnes are always great. However I do agree with a previous reviewer, that a requirement to buy a charcuterie plate with the tasting is a bit much.
With that said, the wait staff was great, the views are spectacular and the bubbles were tasty!Written April 12, 2021
- This vineyard offers an experience for all five of your senses. The wines and food pairing were spectacular and stimulated your taste and smell. The walk through the vineyard, while exploring the outstanding art/sculpture collection, was a treat for your sight and touch (the flowers, not the art!). Our host, Austin, provide the sound with his vast knowledge of the art, the vineyard, and the wine. Highly recommend this activity - book early.Written July 6, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Sonoma
- The best day trips from Sonoma according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Full-Day Tour from San Francisco
- San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods & Wine Country w/ optional Gourmet Lunch
- Wine Country Small-Group Tour from San Francisco with Tastings
- Muir Woods with Napa & Sonoma Wine Tour
- The Ultimate Napa & Sonoma Wine Tour
Sonoma Attractions Information
|Monday 10:09 AM|