- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
24 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We had a fun day seeing movies at the Del Mar, and then going to explore the various stores. We also purchased some cookies at Pacific Cookie Company.Written December 27, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to Tannery Art Center. This is also an area where people live. There is a cafe called Bistro One Twelve. There were a variety of studios - most were open when we were there.
We enjoyed seeing the art. There are interesting large art work outside such as Spirit Nest - artist Jayson Fann. Its interesting to watch the artists at work.
There is a performance hall which has shows. its a pleasant place to go if one enjoys the arts.
The name Tannery is as it used to be a leather making facility. There are some historic pieces to see on site such as the dry mill.
We also watched people enjoying the exercise facility on site. They offer a variety of exercise and dance classes.Written February 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stocked up on goodies for an epic Sunday brunch including stone fruit, pastries, pasture-raised bacon, eggs, and more. The market also offers some made-to-order items if you don’t want to do the cooking yourself.Written May 23, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Peaceful, terrific, charming! We renamed it for Om(g) gallery. Really liked it, mostly the jewelry section :)Written February 5, 2020
- David Salazar has been blowing glass for decades and is a talented artist. Watch him work with glass in his small shop and pick up a really cool work of art you aren't likely to find anywhere else. It's a just a fun, unique thing to do + David is a really nice, fun guy.Written January 20, 2020
- Traveler from New Mexico, I visit this Antiques Mall, whenever in Santa Cruz. Always find unusual and interesting offerings and make multiple purchases. Usually with a challenge of how to get them home!! Staff is very helpful! They also have a garden you can visit and they support the local feral cats. There are usually vendors with sales of up to 50% off. If you are an antiques buff or need to shop for one, this is a Great place to start!Written April 11, 2019
- Really like to visit Santa Cruz and now one more excuse to go. Really enjoyed this atelier with all the nice artist! Will go again in visit!Written September 20, 2016
- About 25 stalls on a Saturday morning before Xmas. Mostly organic farmers, but a few crafts and miscellaneous booths, too. They had vegetables I'd never heard of like romanesco (a sort of Italian cauliflower) and mizuna (a mustard green). Two fiddlers standing toward the end of the row were sawing away at old-times tunes and an occasional Xmas carol. Lots of people were there having a Fine and friendly time.Written December 28, 2017
- Best book shop on the planet. One of the few remaining big, brick-and-mortar bookshops. One-hundred-percent covid-19 safety compliant, and determined to stay that way. They actually have a person watching the door to make sure everyone that enters sanitize their hands and does not consume food or beverages inside the store.Written May 9, 2021
- We went to the downtown area of Santa Cruz. This is where there are restaurats, cafes, some stores, and movie theaters.Written October 9, 2020
- We returned to this delightful chocolate shop in Santa Cruz.
This time I was with my husband and let him chose his favorite for his birthdays.
Service was superb.Written July 13, 2020
- I loved this place ! The staff is super nice and the place is clean. I ordered a 2 scoop hot fudge sundae. Pistachio and Rocky Road. The pistachios in the ice cream were big and quite tasty 😋. The rocky road was delicious. I loved the hot fudge. It was a bit chewy and thick. My grandson had a doubled dipped Oreo and finished it. Next time I’m in Santa Cruz I will definitely return for some 🍨.Written June 25, 2019
- Susan knows a lot about fresh olive oils and was very informative about the olive oil quality and what not to do with olive oil. Large selection of oils, vinegars and other items. Loved it and will return when our oils are gone!Written February 4, 2019
- Our vacations consist of relaxation as well as hunting for the best nurseries this place is absolutely amazing , The staff is extremely knowledgeable, very deceiving from the outside you would figure it was a small quaint nursery until you walk in it’s absolutely beautiful inside has a large area with a huge selection of indoor plants a room full of goodies pots miscellaneous for gardening tennis secret door lead you outside into a large outdoor area with the most beautiful outdoor plants !Written April 29, 2019
- We always wanted to visit here but were always going thru Santa Cruz in the morning or later in the evening (they are open 11-4). This time we decided to make a road trip up to just Santa Cruz so we could finally check it out. Wow - so glad we did. Ended up going in a couple of times during our stay.
Located in downtown SC with plenty of street parking, just a little storefront that does not do justice to all inside. Everyone probably knows the health benefits, culinary benefits, spiritual benefits but that only scratches the surface of this amazing fungus. (and you thought fungus was a bad thing). Will let you explore all mycelium (mushrooms are the fruit) does for us in our life.
Inside the store is everything mushroom - small cafe w/ amazing food and drinks (get the mushroom coffee), books, clothing, grow kits, spawn and fresh as well as dried mushrooms by the pound. But maybe the best part is the people working in here were so knowledgeable and helpful (and patient w/ all of our questions.
After about 2 hours in the store, we walked out w/ a book (they have books by all the mushroom experts (Stamets, Arora etc.), good food (did I mention the coffee?), some fresh as well as dried mushrooms and our heads filled w/ inspiration. Since this visit, we just recently ordered a couple of their mushroom grow kits (lion's mane). Have been growing mushrooms for a little while now and learning, learning, learning. Next plan is to get out foraging.
They have another store in SF and a farm is Moss Landing. Waiting for the ML farm to open up their farm tours again (closed due to covid). They did have a recent book signing there but by the time I found out about it, all tickets sold out. Apparently we are not the only ones in love with mushrooms.
A stop here would benefit you more than you realize. What are you waiting for?Written July 13, 2021