Top Attractions in San Marcos
What travelers are saying
- Views of North San Diego County can’t be beat. You can drive 90% of the way or if you want a hike there are trails available. Walking will be required to reach the top of the peak from the peak parking lot but trails are very accessible. Because it is inland it will be hot in the summer but there generally is a breeze.
Absolutely worth the trip.Written October 3, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful, out-of-the-way park with nice trails and lake. Perfect for bird watching and photography (my thing) as well as hiking/jogging or just taking in the quiet. Although nestled in a community, the park can become a bit busy though I didn't experience a lot of crowding. You are expected to follow basic courtesies such as picking up after your dog. You can fish in the lake but check regulations regarding license requirements. Fishing is catch-and-release only and no boats are allowed.
All in all, it was a great visit... something for the whole family or a "micro-getaway" for a morning or afternoon. So if you are into quiet or other outdoor activity, head out to Discovery Lake.Written August 31, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here when the place we were going to was open yet. Good choice. Had a couple good beers for an ok price. Good friendly bartender.Written October 13, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have been trying local wineries for several years in our area and we just happened to find information on Sunshine Mountain recently. Great views and good wines and excellent place to hold an event.Written March 30, 2022
- The 5th grades really enjoyed. I was a chaperone with some highly active kids. I was impressed with the knowledge of the guide. I believe the kid favorite part was seeing the pond and fish they all wanted to feed them. However in my opinion a few more benches would be nice. All grandma's and grandpa's feet need a resting at some point! 👭
Everything was clean and what a peaceful setting. A bit crowded.
Handicapped accessible.Written January 18, 2019
- The store is really nicely laid out. It was nice to just look around. I found quite a few items I liked alot. I will keep my eyes on them. I was told by a customer that the individual vendors sometimes will reduce an item. I made a small purchase a precious item I broke. I realize it not the same one... Cashier was okWritten January 22, 2019
- These gardens have it all! From shade to sun, parrots, chicks, farm animals and.....
A wonderful place to explore with your family and out of town guests. Plants and succulents for purchase along with other eclectic items. Venue available for rent. Great space. The owners are on site and very nice! A treasure just waiting to be found.Written July 23, 2019
- First thing I noticed when we entered was how quiet it was inside. I tried an orange mead and I really liked it. My wife and friend had a tasting flight. Some were too sweet but most were good. Would return.Written October 13, 2021
- Kuracali Sake & Beer Brewery in San Marcos, CA is a cool concept. They brew both beer and sake. The team at Kuracali work hard turning out tasty treats from their 3 barrel brewing system. The sake creations are a step above the beer creations. The owner is very passionate about his sake!Written May 8, 2017
- You may find actually locating this brewery a problem at first. It is tucked away on a business park, down an alley amongst other similar business units. Once you walk inside it’s a nice split between working brewery and tap room. Nice choice of beers and there were already a few locals at the bar. We visited midweek but it looks like this could be a good weekend venue as it looks like they have music etc. Nice brewery to visit and add to the listWritten March 30, 2019
- The Sunset Cruisewas very enjoyable. The atmosphere was so relaxing and gondolier Connor was exceptionally informativeWritten October 3, 2022
- What a great place!
We were doing a little weekend family get-away and decided to include Locked Adventures as part of our weekend. Super-glad we did! The staff here was a lot of fun (kudos to Emily and Josiah) and really got into their job.
The location is part of a strip mall and they've got a pretty large space with multiple rooms/adventures. The place is well kept, restrooms are clean, and parking is easy.
Definitely a fun hour with the family.Written April 18, 2022
- Played both courses. Be careful when you reserve, especially on 3rd party sites. Easy to book wrong course.
St. Marks Regular: Nice course. Very sceinic. Fairways and cart paths a bit rough. Greens in good shape. Courteous staff.
St. Marks Executive: Love this course. Good starter for snow birds. A bit muddy but not as bad as sometimes we've played. Nice layout and more challenging than it appears.Written January 20, 2020
- Visited with a couple friends; one lives locally...interesting facility shared with batting cage and axe throwing 🤪we tasted a couple IPAs and loved the Viking. They also have large selection of sours..not our thing. We also bought a couple of caned 4-packs to go. Knowledgeable staff and plenty of seating options inside and out.Written October 30, 2019
- The pool is excellent, rooms very clean, very good service; if you ever need something correcting, it is done swiftly and properly. A great place for a break .Written October 7, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about San Marcos
- The best outdoor activities in San Marcos according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in San Marcos on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in San Marcos with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in San Marcos on Tripadvisor