Top Attractions in St. Helena
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- TripAdvisor did it again! We visited based on the great reviews here. So glad we made the drive up the mountain. A special place, with very nice staff and breathtaking scenery. Tour was informative, and the wine, especially the merlot, was delicious!
Sales pitch at end was gentle, and frankly, strangely tempting - especially when feeling so tipsy at the end of a generous tasting session.
We didn’t go anywhere else in Napa or Sonoma, but definitely left feeling we had chosen a vineyard wisely.Written July 12, 2022
- This was our 1st trip to Napa and was so pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. We were so happy to find some sweet wines. The tasting, the staff and the outdoor picnic options all were greatWritten August 6, 2022
- Visited last week and was pleasantly surprised how good their Reserve selection was. Did a wine tasting with my wife and we both couldn’t have been more pleased. Bought 3 bottles and one tasting was comped. Great wines and fantastic service!Written August 3, 2022
- The tasting experience was upscale and beautifully done. We sat outside on a terrace that looked over some of the vines of the estate. Susan gave us information about each wine while relaying history of the vineyard. We even had the fortune to meet one of Joseph Phelps' sons during our tasting. The wines were excellent, mixed with beautiful scenery. Susan was extremely informative, warm, and friendly. We were give ample time between each tasting. I would highly recommend a visit to Joseph Phelps Vineyards.Written May 29, 2022
- This our second visit to MO and we're members of the wine club so since we were out there for my birthday I asked the owner and winemaker Jason Moore if he'd do the tasting for us. Jason is a really busy guy not just with his own wine but other gigs he has so I was happy that he was generous with his time. Although I pretty much already knew his story/background it was cool to sit around the table with him as he told the story of how he ended up in Napa making wine and how he ended up with the barrels he uses for his awesome Collection wine. Ended up buying a couple of the 2016 Collection which hasn't been released yet, it is the bomb and worth the money. Go here for a tasting and make sure you do lunch right next door at Brasswood and ask for the mozzarella app that isn't on the menu.Written October 1, 2021
- We have been to numerous wineries throughout the country and overseas. Rombauer wines are exceptional! This experience stood out mainly due to our host and somm Philip. All wines tasted were outstanding but my favorites are Chardonnay and Zinfandel. Arrive to your tasting on time. The estate is gorgeous. Thank you Rombauer.Written June 3, 2022
- We enjoyed our visit and our tasting. The setting was quite lovely with big trees, fountains, and vineyards. We were seated under the oaks around a fire pit. The representative was knowledgeable and friendly.Written October 30, 2020
- We loved this place! It is off the beaten path but well worth the trip. The wines are excellent, the grounds are beautiful, the tour is very interesting, and the staff are great (Johnna). Can’t wait to get our shipment!Written August 28, 2021
- We stopped by with an appointment and really like the wine. This was our second tasting with them and really enjoyed the wine again.Written August 3, 2022
- With 2 x kids (9/12) it wasn't easy to find wineries to visit, but Beringer was lovely. The chance to try some wines, look around the caves and then walk the gardens whilst paying some boule with wine. Awesome.
You can do the traditional, full on wine tasting as well, but as a young family this was a great option.
Nice!Written August 6, 2022
- We have been a fan of Duckhorn Vineyards and their portfolio of wines for years, but we have never visited until this year. We arrived for our tasting and were escorted to our table outside of the beautiful home to Duckhorn Vineyards.
Chris was our wine specialist for the tasting. He was wonderful. He spent time telling us about each wine. He even offered us a few wines not on the tasting menu to try. Here is where we made our mistake...we scheduled our next tasting too close to this one. Chris was prepared to offer us some additional wines and we had to cut it short. We will not make this mistake again!
The grounds and home of Duckhorn Vineyards are beautiful. Next time we are in Napa Valley we will schedule another tasting and leave plenty of time to enjoy the great setting and conversation. Thank you!Written August 12, 2022
- While we did not plan a tasting there this year..their cave is currently under renovation, we stopped in to purchase a bottle. The gardens are lovely and their wines NEVER disappoint. We have been big fans of their cave tour and their BIG reds are amazing. We enjoyed our purchased bottles in the evenings and are always happy to leave Del Dotto with some of the best wines of the region.Written July 9, 2022
- This vineyard is one of the most beautiful ones we visited on our trip. It's gorgeous, and the wines were delicious.Written May 13, 2020
- We reserved a tasting and had a fantastic time. We were treated great and got to taste some great wine. We took a tour of the Winery and saw some great views. Recommend highly.Written August 3, 2022
- VGS was fantastic! The wine was delicious, and we LOVED the food pairing. It went so well with the different wines! Tony was so enjoyable to chat with! He made this experience about wine and good conversation. It wasn’t a huge commercial experience, which is exactly how we hoped it would be. We plan to ship some wine home when we get back! PS - love the meaning behind the name 🤣Written August 11, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Helena
- The best outdoor activities in St. Helena according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in St. Helena on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from St. Helena according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Sonoma and Napa Wine Tour from San Francisco
- 8-Hour Custom Private Napa and Sonoma Wine Tour
- Napa Valley and Sonoma, Wine Tours
- Small Group Napa Valley Tour for Wine Lovers
- Private Sonoma and Napa Wine Tour Including Custom Concierge