Top Attractions in Palo Alto
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- I'm giving the Stanford Campus 5 stars simply because it is so diverse. And huge. Over 1,000 different kind of plants. Plus.a Simon Properties Shopping Center. Budget at least 4 hours up to a full day to tour.Written August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Stanford shopping center is well located, in between downtown Palo Alto and Stanford university. There are lots of shopping places, as well as lots of places to eat. Highly recommended.Written September 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The building itself and the fantastic sculptures outside are worth a visit. But don't stop there, the art within is very enjoyable to see. You really must see Rodin's The Thinker. The piece is huge and great to see both from the ground level and the upper level looking down upon the work. Perched above is Betelgeuse, marvelous piece from Spencer Finch.
Our young kids breezed past many of the impressive works. However, there is plenty to keep entertained for several hours if you take the time.Written December 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a small garden, but amazingly planned and maintained for colorful visual! Stopped by here on our way to San Francisco and end up spending an hour easily. Beautiful flowers, different type of vegetables and trees. All nature lovers would definitely enjoy this place.Written July 24, 2022
- Memorial church serves its campus community in a variety of worship settings, but it also has a lot of free offerings for the wider community in its worship offerings. Although most of the music is performed by Stanford folks, this is not a put down since the faculty and students and friends are greatly talented. We like the evening vesper services as an alternative to most Christian worship services—quiet and thoughtful and short.Written August 8, 2022
- The Foster is dedicated to just one painter, but despite the single focus, his works cover a broad range of style and topics. You can see the entire exhibit in less than an hour, but you will leave fulfilled. And it is free!Written August 8, 2022
- I was lucky enough to be able to get to the top. The weather was perfect and the views amazing. Great stop of history lovers and not only.Written September 2, 2022
- Attending movies in the Stanford theater is a step back in time. The popcorn, the older movies, the elaborate interior makes for a very nice experience.Written March 5, 2020
- Sun rises over Sierra Nevada on a clear, crisp October morning of Palo Alto. Nothing blocks the view. It is all yours.Written October 22, 2020
- Think of it as a small children's museum and a small zoo combined into one location. Our (almost 3 yr old) son had a blast here. We got there right when they opened on a weekday, and it gets crowded pretty fast. I wish I would have known to purchase tickets online in advance. That would be my advice, because they let those people in first, while the rest of us had to wait in line to pay. The kids love to feed the flamingos, so check in on the time for that when you arrive and grab your spot if you think your child would enjoy that. If we are staying in the area again, we would definitely be back. Thanks.Written July 28, 2022
- Easy trail with gentle changes in elevation. Refreshing to gain perspective on the surroundings and wonder about all the exchanges of information going on among those satellites!!Written April 3, 2021
- vegetables are pretty good. food stand is a bit ordinary. worth a family stroll. not worth for touristsWritten February 24, 2022
- We went to Mitchell Park for a picnic. We enjoyed sitting at the tables that is also set up to play checkers or chess (bring your own pieces).
There were others there enjoying a walk, playing in the playground, and just enjoying the place. There is also a library and other community buildings there.Written December 20, 2020
- Hidden gem in the middle of the Stanford Arboretum. I found it in the "things to do" offered by my hotel. Enjoyed the walk and the weather.Written September 2, 2022
- Located not far from downtown Palo Alto in a lovely neighborhood is the garage where Messrs. Hewlett and Packard developed the audio oscillator back in 1938. You cannot venture past an iron gate at the door of the driveway as this is part of a private residence. A historical marker provides some information in front of the house.Written November 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Palo Alto
- The best day trips from Palo Alto according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Silicon Valley Tour in Luxury Car or Minivan
- Silicon Valley Big Sur Monterey California Coast One Day Charter
- SUV Tour To Silicon Valley including Stanford Walking tour
- Private Silicon Valley Tour from San Francisco
- Private Full Day Tour to Sillicon Valley from San Francisco with Hotel pick-up
Palo Alto Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 9:25 PM|