Top Attractions in Ojai
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. The staff welcoming and very friendly. If you visit Ojai definitely visit here and plan to buy several bottles of the best olive oil you will ever have.Written December 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a unique and delightful place.
Beato’s life history is fascinating as is her work and her studio.
There are changing shows as well as the permanent collection.
The site is gorgeous, I highly recommend visiting this wonderful place!Written June 9, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited this market every Sunday in April, 2022, and found it to be a great market. There's a nice mix of vendors -- vegetables, fruit, nut growers and some prepared foods and bakeries. I really appreciated the vegetables and herbs at Earthtrine Farm; citrus and avocados from Churchill Orchards; sourdough from Ojai Rotie; and the bread, cookies, and (especially) the excellent pasta from Roan Valley Farms. There are a number of stands with prepared foods you can eat on site or take away for lunch or a picnic. There were plenty of other great choices, too. Most of Ojai seems to show up at the market, insuring a lively crowd and great energy.
This is an outdoor market: when we were there, some people were wearing masks.Written June 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've always heard about Ojai vineyard wines, but for a long time I didn't want to take the detour to Ojai to go to their tasting room. There's not really any other quality producers in Ojai. And honestly there's not a ton to do in Ojai. But I'm glad I finally made it out because their wines are quite good.
The place itself is small and cozy. There's not a ton of outdoor seating but it's nice enough. The tasting room is kind of right in the middle of town, so you can do some people watching while you're tasting. Our server was pretty good, he knew the wines and was attentive enough.
The wines themselves are good. They are known for Syrah and I love Syrah. The John Sebastiano Syrah is good and the Solomon Hills Syrah is great. The only thing I didn't like about the tasting is the flights are only 3 wines, and they have multiple flights but they overlap. So we had 2 different flights and tasted 4 wines. I wanted to taste more wines.
I ended up taking a couple of bottles home. If this place was in a more central location (Santa Barbara for example) then I'd definitely be back. If I'm ever back in Ojai I'll visit again, but that may not be for a while.Written October 9, 2022
- I hike in several areas owned by this organization, and am both a donor and occasional trail-work volunteer. One of the truly wonderful things about this organization is that nothing is every charged to use the trails; it relies entirely on donations and volunteer support. My personal favorite area is the Ventura River Preserve, but the area on the north edge of town is also great for easy walking.Written April 27, 2022
- Perfect little hike for little ones. Definitely not a workout. Waterfall was a bit overstatement when we saw it, but I'm sure after some rain, it would be more impressive.Written July 28, 2022
- We spent about an hour at this center and enjoyed our stay. The highlight is a circular room that is unconnected to the house (near the parking lot). You will see a winding path and there is a museum of sorts with lots of information about Krishnamurti. However, it is not well marked so most people may miss it.Written August 30, 2021
- A lovely, family-friendly nature walk with unbelievably gorgeous views! Can't believe we only just discovered this spot!Written February 26, 2022
- Well marked, well traveled, not well known by the concierge at our hotel - I found this trail to be a delightful trek. I could find where I was easily, yet had expansive views of the valley, the foothills in the midst of this desert mountainous environment. The trail can connect to many others so plan your time accordingly. Find a map - not obvious where they are. I only made a part of this “loop” in 60 minutes, but that is all it will take for some.Written January 5, 2020
- I am so glad we stopped to visit this park, my grandson really enjoyed playing on the equipment. The park is very large and was crowded. It has an area in the back for concerts and a large tennis court.Written May 1, 2022
- Very interesting and informative exhibits! Learned a lot about the history of Ojai and some remarkable people such as Dr. Ethel Percy Andrus- a teacher who founded the National Retired Teachers and also AARP!!Written September 5, 2021
- Centrally located on the main street in beautiful downtown Ojai within walking distance of everything. I went in about 1:30 on a Wednesday and for the first 15 minutes or so I was the only person in there, so I was able to have a very nice conversation with the charming and very knowledgeable young lady running it. Turns out she is also the assistant Winemaker. And I got to pet the very friendly housecat. (Who the young lady called "the manager"). Excellent wines, too. FWIW, I did a wine flight at 4 different tasting rooms my 3 days
there, and they had by far my favorite wine, their 2019 Syrah. On warm days, they have a beautiful outdoor patio. And on days their WiFi is down, they have a turntable and records they play! How cool is that!?Written February 25, 2022
- Happened upon the Sespe Creek Collective, and learned a tremendous amount about the uses of the non-psychoactive components of cannabis, in treating a variety of medical conditions. Chelsea was extremely knowledgable and the staff were also .Written December 28, 2018
- With some trepidation, we visiting the "organic" winery in the heart of downtown Ojai. The server (wish I could remember her name to give her kudos) was helpful and charming. I tried the white flight, which came free with the purchase of two bottles of wine. Got good advice on a red for a friend and was offered a sip of the rose to entice me, and I was enticed. It was dry enough for a hot summer's day. Also enjoyed the conversation at the bar. Learned where the best massage therapists are and best dog walking spots. There are couches up front where my husband (a non drinker) rested with the dog. Kudos for doing it right.Written August 3, 2018
- Galerie 102 opens my mind, rattles my brain, and puts a creative smile on my heart every time. What a relief it is as an artist myself to continually be mesmerized and moved by the artwork and artists curator Jolene Lloyd chooses to share and display. The personal stories behind the work and the political/social meaningful soulful dialogues one can walk away with is simply profound and refreshing. Definitely don't miss this Ojai galerie102 gem!!Written March 22, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Ojai
Ojai Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 3:44 AM|