Top Attractions in Oceanside
Admission tickets from $7.63
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We love strolling on the Oceanside Pier. It's fun to watch the surfers and enjoy the beautiful scenery. We really do miss the Ruby's Diner restaurant we enjoyed every summer. Hopefully a new restaurant will open at the end of the Pier sometime soon!!Written September 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice grounds and definitely a cool Mission. The construction & architecture is amazing for how old it is. The oldest Pepper Tree in California is there still growing. The seeds were brought from Peru by a Sailor in 1830.Written May 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The ride was the BEST. Easy on and off. The attendants were AWESOME!!! Very friendly and made you feel comfortable for the ride. It was a wonderful start and finish to our day trip from Carlsbad CA to San Diego CA. I will definitely take another trip with Coaster when we're back in California.Written September 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We arrived at 5pm in the Oceanside Civic Center garage when civic center employees were leaving. We happened luckily to see the free parking at the right time. Take Civic Center, right turn on Ditmar and right on Visitor's Parking. Overhead is Oceanside Civic Center sign on overhead walkway. Google Maps Oceanside Civic Center Parking will get you there.
The Thursday night market has many hot foods and dessert. We especially liked the Tri-tip sandwich. The band music that night did not appeal to me though. The market is nice location to walk down to the fishing pier to view the sunset.Written May 30, 2022
- For those who have impaired mobility, beach wheelchairs (Rolleze wheels) can be checked out from the lifeguard headquarters at Parking Lot 11 (next to the boat ramps). There is no charge. And from that location to the waterline is quite flat (no dunes). Call 760-435-4018 to reserve one. You can park your street-wheels wheelchair or scooter in their locked shed until you bring it back.Written June 29, 2022
- Love The Strand! Gets pretty busy but is still walkable. A little sketchy after dark and right before sunrise with homelessness. Energetic area but wish there were more vendorsWritten July 14, 2022
- Mind you I am not a surfer from land locked Indiana, but we visited our Orange County friend who has surfed his whole life. We learned so much about surfing and types of boards that we had to see the museum, I also had to buy an 'evolution of surf boards' tee from their gift shop. They had an excellent-thorough tribute to Donald Takayama: Shaping Boards and Lives. They had Bethany Hamilton's Tiger shark bitten board where she lost her arm in Hawaii yet was back in the water three weeks later! The history of surf boards was interesting too. It is not expensive and the tour does not take long. We found it worth the time and money.Written September 24, 2022
- Beautiful sunsets, safe, clean, and friendly. We love a stroll on the Harbor after a delicious dinner. If you stay on the sidewalk, dogs are welcome!Written September 19, 2022
- I really enjoyed the In athe Color Fields exhibit. Such an amazing array of a multitude of imported and native plants. The Veterans exhibit, Pop Smoke, was emotionally moving, and the stories were so well told. The Limit Your Space / Safe Space exhibit was fun in it's use of electronic media.Written September 11, 2022
- Vendors offered great epicurean delights; art, music, clothing, jewelry...the list is too long to mention. We visited both the day time and evening Markets - with both unique and enjoyable.Written December 19, 2021
- Diane wax so sweet when we entered. She greeted us with a huge smile. She showed brochures. She and I spoke Italian. We ate our lunch on the benches outside.Written August 8, 2022
- The Church, I would say, is "modern." Nothing negative implied here. Lots of wood....beautiful. The grounds are well maintained and nicely landscaped. I sat in the cemetery for a while......enjoyed the sounds of the birds and the sight of a beautiful hummingbird. I don't want to overuse the word, "peaceful," so I'll just say that, in a word, this place is tranquil.Written May 8, 2022
- My Mapquest led us to the "lower picnic entrance." After we parked and looked at a park map, we realized that we were not near the lake. We drove out and around to enter at the "Main Entrance" on Guajome Lake Road.
Reading the reviews, it appears that this is a very popular park for camping. We were there only to do some trail walking. We did, however, get lost/sidetracked, primarily due to the lack of trail signage. But, we eventually found our way to walk around the lake. We had a nice couple of hours in the park.Written May 9, 2022
- When we were there this winter the barrista let us know that the hours were flexible pending the "vibe" of the day and the weather. So many times we walked by and the coffee house was closed, but when it's open, the coffee and view is stellar!Written August 19, 2018
- From Carlsbad Inn to the Oceanside Pier, the coastal rail trail makes its way along a protected stretch of roadway, some neighborhoods, and a formal, well marked trail. It's only about a 3 mile walk and there's always the train to take back if the round trip walk is too long.
There are plans to extend the trail all the way to San Diego but that hasn't come to fruition at this time. Sometimes the wheels of progress turn slowly.
Walking this trail and its environs really gives a good opportunity to stop and admire flowers, appreciate some of the local flavor, and create memories.Written January 31, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Oceanside