- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
14 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Super fun place to drive around with ATV. For $5 you can have fun in this recreation sand dune all day long. Some people would set up a fire place and watch to sun set. It’s a beautiful scenery.
You can rent ATV’s right next to the entrance. Costs vary depending on the types of vehicle starting about $50 to $70 an hour. If you have your own ATV, you can definitely try it out here. But please don’t drive your SUV off the path into the soft sand dune area. I got stuck in the sand even though my car is an off road four wheeler. I was fortunate to have a Good Samaritan rescued me.
For just to walk around without cars, go south of this place another 5 minutes, there is a vast sand dune hill that’s just for people. See my pictures.Written July 24, 2021
- A great show, clever and very entertaining. Good snack bar (don't miss the Carrot Cake). Showcase of clever and terrific evening.Written November 9, 2021
- The remodel of the pier area was absolutely great. New area for kids was really nice. The way the bricks were laid to make it seem as if your walking on waves was awesome. The new restrooms are a big plus. Ride the slide at your own risk, they are faster then they seem. Lots of new seating area to have a quick bite to eat.Written September 16, 2020
- Away from the town of Pismo there are few crowds. Very wide sandy beach fabulous for walking. Dogs on leashes. Highly recommended.Written July 11, 2020
- Had a great ride with my 7 year old granddaughter. We were the only ones on the ride. We weren't able to ride close to the ocean due to so much car traffic on the beach. The ride takes you along the river, and it is wooded, the thru sand dunes. Good ride. Very difficult to make the reservation. They didn't return phone calls but I called everyday and finally got a call back. They said they were working on that problem.Written November 22, 2019
- What a wonderful little Visitor Center. I say little because it is small, with one big open room that has a few displays about the dunes and a counter for the Ranger or volunteer or docent to help you out and answer questions. And answer questions they do, they know their way around this place they know their way around the dunes they know about the ecology and they're happy to share everything with you. The knowledge is deep and there are helpful brochures and listings of animals and birds that were very helpful in knowing where and what to look for. It's a good stop to go in and ask a few questions and great clean restrooms to boot. So stop by get an idea of places you might want to visit but you haven't got to yet, and gain knowledge about an area that really has some history.Written July 1, 2019
- Building has been destroyed by fire some 3+ years ago and recently torn down and no new constructionWritten March 3, 2019
- Came here on a last minute trip. Was able to reserve 3 ATV'S for my wife, daughter and I. Reservation at office was super easy and person at front desk was very polite and professional. Next day we got to check in trailer and the Lady there was also extremely nice and helpful. The process was so easy. The instructor was awesome at explaining how everything worked. Had a blast! Came back check in was easy. When we were leaving my personal truck got stuck. I didn't even ask for help and an employee ran out and helped me get unstuck. The employees are the best. Came back the next day to buy t-shirts and sweaters and Jami was so helpful! Will come back again.Written August 26, 2021
- We had an excellent experience at Arnie's, my son & husband really enjoyed the ATVs and the staff in the office went beyond the call of duty to ensure we had a good time, not just on the ATV but on our entire vacation. We could not have had a better experience and I highly recommend Arnie's.Written August 3, 2022
- The whole family had an amazing experience. We had debated between renting a dune buggy or doing this, and am so glad that we did this! Our boys are both under 10 and they were able to experience the thrills of riding on the dunes, but in a way that was safe. Our driver (wish I could remember his name) was super informative giving us information about the area, all while doing tail slides, doughnuts, and speeding backwards down a huge dune. I was worried that an hour was not going to be enough time, but it was the perfect amount of time. The communication prior to the tour was great too. Everyone should go on this tour!Written July 30, 2022
- This was one of the highlights of our California holiday, we had such a laugh although it wasn’t without it’s issues! We checked in at the hut at Oceana beach (there are car parking spaces in front of it), has to fill in all the paperwork and were given out helmets and goggles and told to wait on the beach for the shuttle bus. Unfortunately we had a really long wait as there was a problem with the bus - there was plenty to watch on the beach with horses, people and vehicles coming and going. Eventually we got our lift up the beach to the vehicle stand, then had another wait as our allocated quad would not start. We were eventually 2 hours late setting off but were then on our way wizzing across the dunes which was fun. There has been a minimal briefing on the map of the dunes and so it wasn’t long before we found ourselves in an area were the dunes were too steep and out long based buggy got stuck! Embarrassingly we were towed out, only to get stuck again not long afterwards. It at least made the whole experience very memorable. Perhaps we might have fared better on quad bikes? Still enjoyed our adventure on the only beach in California which allows vehicles.Written June 5, 2022
- Fantastic! We did the 40 minute tour and it was absolutely spectacular! And Jorden and his wife are so sweet! They were happy to tell us everything we wanted to know about the plane as well as their background. What a great experience!Written December 29, 2019
- This is a true California beach. The sand is fine the surf is usually gentle. The beach itself is wide and stretches for miles. Great place for morning walk or catching the sunset.Written August 21, 2020
- I rented the Polaris Slingshot and the Can Am Spyder each for a day for a run up the coast! Fantastic time on both, only way to travel when on vacation! The Can Am was fun but the slingshot was off the hook! The acceleration was incredible and the handling was amazing, especially through all the turns along PAC Hwy 1 through the Big Sur area! Plus talk about a heads turner! I don't know how many times I was asked about it. I'd pull in some place and become immediately surrounded. The folks at D&G were great to work with and very accommodating. Jolene bent over backwards to make things happen for us, and Dennis the owner was great to work with as well! I highly recommend D&G to anyone!Written September 17, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Oceano
- The best outdoor activities in Oceano according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Oceano on Tripadvisor