Popular things to do
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Top Picks
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Likely to Sell Out
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Walking Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Surfing Lessons
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Family Friendly
- Special Offers
Top Attractions in Newport Beach
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- The great beach city of California that offers something for everybody. Wonderful beach, harbor, shopping and coastal living.Written September 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Get out on the water and relax. We took the ferry both ways and had minimal waits on an August weekday. It's not a long trip, but so restful. You are there with boats and people having fun. And it beats a longer trip by car.
If you enjoyed a vaporetto ride in Venice, this is for you (although much shorter, of course).Written September 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Although you cannot ride bikes on the main roads or the path next to the water, we still thoroughly enjoyed our bike ride around Balboa Island! We weaved our way up one residential street and down the next, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over one house after another. We then walked our bikes down the main street for lunch, frozen yogurt, and a little shopping. We rented our bikes at 20th Street Bike and Beach rentals, and took the ferry over to the island. The ferry is super easy, and costs $1.75 (cash only) per person. It's a great way to spend part of a day!Written July 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fashion Island is the gold standard for California malls. The location, ocean views, restaurant and store selection, ease of parking. and moreWritten September 11, 2022
- We spent some time on a few different beaches along the California shore, and this one was ideal! We loved being across the bay from The Wedge - to see some of the big waves roll in, as well as some of the luxury yachts that cruised on by. My husband, 15yo son, and 12yo son were able to catch some great waves on their boogie boards because of the jetty. We were also able to search for mini crabs, which was a cool experience for us (being from Wisconsin).
There are several fire pits for those later evening stays. The bathrooms and showers were not far away, and we felt there was ample parking nearby.
We would definitely come here again... as the view is amazing! Be sure to bring your sunscreen! The sun is brutal!Written June 5, 2022
- We were staying further up the beach and went down to this boardwalk a couple different times- both times for sunset! We walked the pier, ate food, had drinks and one night even rented bikes for an hour and rode south for a bit and back. Rentals are easy and right there in the main square. Parking is horrendous though- get there an hour or so before sunset or who you will cruising around looking for a spot at sunset!Written July 30, 2022
- Nice place to stop. Ion street parking for the most part. Quick walk to the sand for great ocean views but even better views of the houses and cliffs of surrounding Newport Beach and Corona Del Mar. there were life guard stations and plenty of space for fun. The day we were there the waves were calm but we were told some days there are tremendous waves.Written June 9, 2022
- A gorgeous view of the Pacific and part of the Newport Beach coastline. Aptly named, a peaceful and inspiring interlude!Written October 7, 2021
- We have not been to Newport Beach in many years. It was fun, chili, crisp clear blue sky’s. We walked out on the beach and the pier. Enjoyed our afternoon in the sunshineWritten December 7, 2021
- If you like botanical gardens. This is one you must see. Right in the middle of town! It is not humongous in size but the variety of flora was incredible!Written September 22, 2022
- Great walking trails along an estuary. Lots of birds. Lots of planes since the trail is on final approach for John Wayne Airport. Nice safe place to run and lots of folks aroundWritten February 2, 2022
- After looking up the local Low Tide time, we headed for Little Corona Beach to check out the tide pools. Free street parking, steep ramp to walk down to the beach (going back up the ramp is much slower going!)
My granddaughter was thrilled to see if there were any sea creatures in the rocks: she only found sea anemones.Written April 15, 2022
- Scenic...thats what came to mind when I visited Balboa Village located in the beautiful City of Newport Beach,California!The whole area is jumping with locals and visitors that come for sun,fun,food,drinks,shopping,walking and people watching on the streets and historical pavillion built by billionaire Henry Huntington! Theres a beautiful beach side marina and beach with plenty of beach recreation activities.Lots to do for everyone that visits Balboa Village!
#marinaparkcommunitycenter #newportbeach #balboapenninsula #waynesalvatti #godisgood #beachlife #balboablvd #socal #californiadreaming #californiadreamin #lighthousecafe #beachcafe #ilovenewport #ilovesocal #surfing #bodysurfing #thewedge #surfinusa #newportbeachcalifornia #lidoisle #lighthouses #iloveligthouses #serene #peaceful #kids #family #fun #beachfun #redline #balboapavillion #henryhuntington #carferryWritten September 21, 2020
- Charming local chapel located on the main street of historic balboa Island. Next to world famous ice cream shops.Written September 21, 2020
- Incredibly beautiful and very calm place to visit. Church services happen at 9 and 11am on Sundays in the chapel located next to the temple. Would highly recommend as a refreshing place to visit in Newport Beach.Written July 10, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Newport Beach
- The best day trips from Newport Beach according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Hollywood Tour
- Temecula Wine Tasting PRIVATE Tour
- Whale-Watching and Orange County Beaches Tour from Anaheim
- Orange County Coastal Sightseeing Tour
- Private Beach Cities 7 Hours Day Trip.